Home improvement (1 Viewer)

I was reading a thing - can't remember where - and the bee experts don't want us creating more hives, they want us growing more habitat
Like having your garden full of pollinating flowers and plants is better than a hive
there are a couple of good books by a lad called dave goulson, well recommended if this is an interest.

our ceanothus (aka californian lilac) has been humming with bees recently. we've considered getting those yokes dudley has - echiums - but the garden is kinda full already.

I have a couple of these in my garden. They take about two years to grow to any height and then bloom for a summer before dying. But when they're in bloom the bees go apeshit for them. They look awesome too. They replicate like mad, so you need to keep the seedlings in check, but that's the only work required

View attachment 18881
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Electrician was a no-show today. This is… problematic, as we were kind of hoping to have electricity in the kitchen that’s being installed tomorrow.

It is less than ideal. I’ve since been assured that we’ll either have an electrician here by 8am or they’ll just work around the installed kitchen after the fact.

I’ll take option a please.
Is your first fix in?

You have conduit and outlet boxes and whatnot?

Mostly. Some couldn’t be done until the old kitchen came out….
sherlock GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back