Home improvement (2 Viewers)

right - I had a cordless drill which primarily functioned as an electric screwdriver for the few times I used it once I got an actual, proper drill.
As it became a bit ropey with age (mainly battery dying) I tended to just do what ever screwdriving I needed manually.
Having charged it again, Its no longer working. (although it's just occurred to me I should try cleaning the contacts!)
About to start a job in which not manually screw-driving would be wise. Cost of proper cordless/drills screwdrivers is a bit prohibitive given how little I'd use it after the job in question.
anyone have any opinions on these yokes?

Amazon product ASIN B00XI610R0

right - I had a cordless drill which primarily functioned as an electric screwdriver for the few times I used it once I got an actual, proper drill.
As it became a bit ropey with age (mainly battery dying) I tended to just do what ever screwdriving I needed manually.
Having charged it again, Its no longer working. (although it's just occurred to me I should try cleaning the contacts!)
About to start a job in which not manually screw-driving would be wise. Cost of proper cordless/drills screwdrivers is a bit prohibitive given how little I'd use it after the job in question.
anyone have any opinions on these yokes?

Amazon product ASIN B00XI610R0
Sorry, but they're shit. I mean, really shit.

You said money's an issue as you only really need it for this one job, but that would be 40 quid wasted.
Could you buy a replacement battery for your old drill?

Sorry, but they're shit. I mean, really shit.

You said money's an issue as you only really need it for this one job, but that would be 40 quid wasted.
Could you buy a replacement battery for your old drill?

yeah - thats what I was reckoning. Wasn't thinking the 40£ version, more the 'own brand' equivalent for 20 or so.

yeah - thats what I was reckoning. Wasn't thinking the 40£ version, more the 'own brand' equivalent for 20 or so.
Well that won't be better, will it? It'll be just another piece of plastic crap in the cupboard.

Get a lend of one as Magic said.

@JohnnyRaz

I have one spare with a battery in the late stages of life, but with a charge its good enough for a small job here and there. I can send it to you for the price of postage, it's only gathering dust here.

thanks, thats very generous - do you have a charger for said battery? what make is it (ie could I pick up a new one at some point?)

Aye, I’ll be grand until the thing finally dies 3/4 of the way through the job!!

Sound

for the record it's an older model of this - I wasn't home since to get the details - the battery probably has one or two cells that have depleted a little but as i say, it's grand for 10-15 mins light work here and there. I'm on a different band / battery dependency so if any thumped people want it for the price of postage its still going. I have the box and charger and even the stupid piece of plastic to hold the battery for no reason.

bosch-18v-1-5ah-li-ion-cordless-drill-driver-psr-1800-li-2~4053423206340_02bq

I made a wee spreadsheet that calculates how much money electric things i own are using at different times of the day. more of a minor pleasures post.

I'm never using an electric shower again.

Energy audit update:

The smart plug i have (BG home i think) is 1.5w (13€ a year)
The dumb timer plug I have is closer to 1w (9€ a year)

It's only 4€, but also it is 4€.

There are 4 things in the house that are on timers / smartplug.

More of this thrilling information as it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back