Home improvement (3 Viewers)

So I built this "thing" for my WFH set up. Work laptop slots in under its monitor with clearance for leads underneath. The legs are just half screwed in screws. One was a bit too short. Easier to prop it up with cardboard than take the whole thing away and unscrew the screw.
The wood is leftover shelving from the kitchen, been in the garage for 18yrs and the white things are unused parts from radiator covers.

boss-diy.jpg

WHo have y'all used for a plumber in Dublin (northside D3) when you have needed one at fairly short notice?

So I built this "thing" for my WFH set up. Work laptop slots in under its monitor with clearance for leads underneath. The legs are just half screwed in screws. One was a bit too short. Easier to prop it up with cardboard than take the whole thing away and unscrew the screw.
The wood is leftover shelving from the kitchen, been in the garage for 18yrs and the white things are unused parts from radiator covers.

View attachment 16431
Nothing wrong with that.
That exposed chipboard stuff would make me terrified of damp and bed bugs. But that's just considering where I live.

I made a wee spreadsheet that calculates how much money electric things i own are using at different times of the day. more of a minor pleasures post.

I'm never using an electric shower again.

how long do you spend in the shower? i reckon ours runs for less than two minutes (with the heater on) when i'm showering. which is probably about 30c.

Estimate about 15 mins between the three of us - or about 430eu a year.

We have one of those 80's setups where the old hot/cold mixer shower still is there and we ignore it because we are idiots.

Estimate about 15 mins between the three of us - or about 430eu a year.

We have one of those 80's setups where the old hot/cold mixer shower still is there and we ignore it because we are idiots.

Yeah when we get our central heating upgraded we will be removing our electric showers and make use of the 'always on' hot water

Was meant to get a combi boiler installed yesterday but the stupid plumbing in the stupid house would have meant rolling the “will someone flush the jacks and scald me” dice every shower. No thanks.

You mean an on demand gas boiler?

Me?
No.
Going for a solid state electric thermal storage yokey (hopefully). Like a big modernised storage heater but for your entire system.
Also to get gas would mean having a massive gas tank out the back as there is no natural piped gas in Donegal. And we are trying to get away from using fossil fuels

Tepeo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back