holy jesus christ almighty (1 Viewer)

carcass said:
Apparently Johnny Depp is playing Willy Wonka in the style of Marylin Manson.

Whatever the fuck that means?????

I think it means he's gonna make anti-religious comments while flashing his mickey at Mike TV's mom

I do not fear much in this life...but oh jesus, Oompa Loompas scare me...

wonka38.jpg

In fact that whole film really frightened me when I was young...kids being sucked into tubes, turned bloated and purple, thrown in chicken incinerators, and shrunken...but they were never shown as being back to normal in the end.

I had nightmares about those orange bastards and their horrible chant.

cassette/tape said:
sometimes i feel very lucky for being physically normal.

the rest of the time i'm trying to will my boobs bigger.

I've got colllosssalll ear lobes; other than that i'm normal.

carcass said:
Apparently Johnny Depp is playing Willy Wonka in the style of Marylin Manson.

Whatever the fuck that means?????

well, apparently depp based his character in "pirates of the carabean" (i cent be bothered finding the proper spelling of that) on keith richards, and his wonka is based on marilyn manson. m manson's first album "portrait of an american family" was loaded with charlie and chocolate factory references, and one of the videos for a track off that album - "dope hat" - was a recreation of the boat trip section of the original film. yes, there were rumours circulating that m manson was gonna play wonka in the burton version, but thankfully he isnt. i'm really not sure of this remake at all, i loved the original personally. hollywood has completely run out of ideas, every bloody film seems to be a remake or a sequel. and i certainly dont see the point of remaking films that were good to begin with. however, as someone here pointed out before when this topic was mentioned, the film was a book adaptation to begin with. i hope therefore that burton tries to take it in a different way, not as a musicial for instance.

Brian Conniffe said:
well, apparently depp based his character in "pirates of the carabean" (i cent be bothered finding the proper spelling of that) on keith richards, and his wonka is based on marilyn manson. m manson's first album "portrait of an american family" was loaded with charlie and chocolate factory references, and one of the videos for a track off that album - "dope hat" - was a recreation of the boat trip section of the original film. yes, there were rumours circulating that m manson was gonna play wonka in the burton version, but thankfully he isnt. i'm really not sure of this remake at all, i loved the original personally. hollywood has completely run out of ideas, every bloody film seems to be a remake or a sequel. and i certainly dont see the point of remaking films that were good to begin with. however, as someone here pointed out before when this topic was mentioned, the film was a book adaptation to begin with. i hope therefore that burton tries to take it in a different way, not as a musicial for instance.

You speak the truth young man. When I first heard they were remaking this i was appalled. However, when I was told it was Tim Burton directing it I decided to give it a chance. If there's one director who would take it somewhere else, it's him. I was also glad to hear that he's trying to keep it closer to the book than the original film, as Roald Dahl had said before that he didn't like the interpretation of the original film. I'm reserving my judgement as I think it can go either way.

EDIT: jeez, i just realised Roald Dahl's been dead for nearly 15 years! Wow, it doesn't seem that long to me.

cassette/tape said:
sometimes i feel very lucky for being physically normal.

the rest of the time i'm trying to will my boobs bigger.

eh, bigger isnt always better. the social / cultural notions of "beauty" are - despite their pervasive sway over the sheep minds - a load of rubbish.

chutneyfarmer said:
Roald Dahl had said before that he didn't like the interpretation of the original film.

I think they weren't allowed call the film "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" because that Dahl lad didn't like what they'd done with it.

Dahl originally wanted Spike Milligan for the role of willy wonka.

The original film is actually dark as hell; the new trailer's on line but, despite the burton element it actually looks appallingly bad. Not through lack of production mind, it just looks like burton missed whatever it was that he was aiming for. But then again what do i know?

More than you.

Thats what.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Dahl originally wanted Spike Milligan for the role of willy wonka.

The original film is actually dark as hell; the new trailer's on line but, despite the burton element it actually looks appallingly bad. Not through lack of production mind, it just looks like burton missed whatever it was that he was aiming for. But then again what do i know?

More than you.

Thats what.

I have to admit, I haven't been too impressed with what I've seen so far of Burton's verison. If anything it seems less dark that the original. Still, I'll wait to see it.

Btw, I love how this thread has developed :)

From kiddy fiddlers with genetic disorders, to Oompa loompas, to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :D

Brian Conniffe said:
eh, bigger isnt always better. the social / cultural notions of "beauty" are - despite their pervasive sway over the sheep minds - a load of rubbish.

According to Collins encylopedia of facts the perfect breast size is just big enough to accomodate somebody wiggling his chin in between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back