HOLY FUCK! SILVER JEWS TOUR! (2 Viewers)

Stan Bowles

Contributor
Silver Jews Announce First Tour Ever!

Remember your first day of school? First kiss? First job? Well, get ready for something just as momentous: the first Silver Jews tour! Drag City has announced that genius wordsmith David Berman will take his show on the road in March, hitting "power cities" across America. At last, we'll get to hear a decade-and-a-half's worth of ragged poetry-rock, from the "Dime Map of the Reef" 7" to this year's Tanglewood Numbers, performed in all its hairy, fleshly glory.

Or so we hope. Apparently, the Silver Jews have decided to do this Barnum and Bailey style, as the "Love With the Lights On: Ballroom J Tour" will feature "a fiery oratorical performance" by ex-Pavement percussionist Bob Nastanovich, a "‘professional style' multimedia stageshow", and "country comedy" by Kevin Guthrie and Corny Crow, according to a press release. The whole she-bang will be co-hosted by Berman's wife (and fellow Jew) Cassie.

Exactly who will be in the band (besides David and Cassie) has yet to be announced, but Berman warned potential ticket buyers, "Don't expect the Blizzard of the Masterminds this March. Think more along the lines of the Theatre of the Nephew." No, we have no idea what he's talking about either.

Power cities:
3-10 Athens, GA - 40 Watt
3-11 Atlanta, GA - The Earl
3-12 Asheville, NC - Grey Eagle Tavern & Music Hall
3-16 Charlottesville, VA - Satellite Ballroom
3-17 New York, NY - Webster Hall
3-19 Cambridge, MA - Middle East
3-21 Philadelphia, PA - First Unitarian Church
3-22 Baltimore, MD - Ottobar
3-24 Columbus, OH - Little Brother's
3-25 Ann Arbor, MI - Blind Pig

Stan Bowles said:
Remember your first day of school?

Possibly not the best association.. from what I can remember the first day of school was mostly filled with fear and blood. Mostly from that kid I beat up.

Just jokin!

It was actually two kids I beat up. Fuckin pricks. Coming to my school.!bog

See, I would have presumed that this would be about Silver Jews touring over this side of the Atlantic! It's pretty cool that he's touring alright, but not much use to me.

Dear Santa...

Wheels said:
See, I would have presumed that this would be about Silver Jews touring over this side of the Atlantic! It's pretty cool that he's touring alright, but not much use to me.

Dear Santa...

Silver Anti-Semite.

11.jpg

008.jpg
http://www.intheloo.com/tgp/tgp

UK dates:

Tue Apr 25London Scala
Thu Apr 27 Edinburgh The Bongo Club
Fri Apr 28 Glasgow Tramway Theatre

Can't wait for this!

Glasgow date is part of the triptych festival and should be a good 'un. I'm assuming Berman is being backed by members of lambchop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back