Holographic Universe (1 Viewer)

Anthem

I came across this fascinating article about the possibility that this Universe may in fact be a gigantic hologram and that everything we visualize is decoded frequencies in this construct. The work and subsequent findings were made a number of years ago by two very respected physicians in their field - David Bohm and Karl Pibram. David Bohm was a protege of none other than Albert Einstein. The theory was made popular by the late Michael Talbot who helped make it more accessible and easier to understand. Below is the article itself.

www.crystalinks.com/holouniverse1.html

is that a no or yes?

im wading through it now.

its interesting alright.

so it makes 9/11 seem like it was indeed all smoke and mirrors

That would be a no, I agree - I thought the article was interseting and entertaining.

I wonder if the author of that webpage got permission to reproduce those articles?

Regardless, the scientific meaning of "holographic universe" and the new-agey spin that the webpage tries to put on it have little to do with each other, in my opinion.

The former says that we may live on a four-dimensional boundary of a higher-dimensional universe, and that what happens in the bigger one is determined by what happens in ours (and vice versa). Nothing particularly profound there, just solving a bunch of equations with appropriate boundary conditions. (The trick lies in finding the equations that are being solved...)

The latter seems to infer from this that this somehow has something to do with consciousness and the lack of an objective reality. Personally, I don't see how the author makes that logical leap, as it's certainly not what the scientific theory maintains. At least not as I see it, and I do this kind of stuff for a living.

For a bit more on the proposed physical theory, this is a bit technical but has all the details right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

The creator of this website:
"I am a psychic, a teacher, a healer, a html programmer"...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back