Holga (2 Viewers)

Das Nugs

they're easy-ish to use they probably use 120 medium format film which can be fiddley to load get the name off the camera and there's probably instructions for it on the internet. just use your slr or dslr as a light meter ie set the iso to the same as the film you buy, i'd suggest you buy fuji pro 400 h film, so set the iso to 400 set your shutter speed to 60 (so you don't get camera shake in your hand held images which will help you see it there are any flaws in the lens later) than get a reading from the inbuilt light meter in your camera or just take a photo with your dslr and copy the apperture setting accordingly. Then get the negs developed and marvel at the image resolution. if you get weird lines on the developed negs then there's a light leak in the camera it can be tough to find anyone who will fix old things like them because they're afraid they'll wreck a family heirloom. but if you use black electrical tape on the hinges and on any suspected gaps it'll work fine as a stop gap solution.

Or if you just want to know if it works at all. open the back where the film goes in set you apperture to the widest (the lowest number) usually F4 on older cameras then set the shutter speed to the longest or to the bulb setting press and hold the shutter release while you're looking into the back of the camera if it opens it's working. that's it really. Try not to get dust inside it while it's open though they're a cunt to clean.

Thanks very much, washingcattle. If i get around to using it (and i'd love to) i'll stick results up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back