Holga (1 Viewer)

ilovehoovering

Supporter
does anyone here use a Holga? I just bought one. Haven't gotten anything developed yet and was wondering where in Dublin might be best for it and roughly how much it costs.

it's about 4 quid for dev only of 120 in gunns.
you could take slide, but it doesn't have the exposure latitude of print film, and with a holga, you want that latitude.

dunno how much it is for prints off 120.

Been very interested in buying one of these. Can anyone recommend a specific model or website to buy from? Was thinking the 35mm model might be better as the film would be easier to buy. Or is the 120 a better idea?

Insert help below.

Been very interested in buying one of these. Can anyone recommend a specific model or website to buy from? Was thinking the 35mm model might be better as the film would be easier to buy. Or is the 120 a better idea?

Insert help below.

depends what you want, really. i have a 120N holga and a 35mm smena that does similar things - the 35mm film is easier to get and cheaper to have processed, but there's something special about using medium format, so. sorry, that's not very helpful. i bought mine off some random ebay seller.

oh, i got really really nice stuff from a vivitar ultra wide and slim (there's a few flickr groups) and it's 35mm, less shoddy than holga but equally fun, and much cheaper. unfortunately, they don't respond well to being dropped from a height.

it's about 4 quid for dev only of 120 in gunns.
you could take slide, but it doesn't have the exposure latitude of print film, and with a holga, you want that latitude.

dunno how much it is for prints off 120.

i think it was about 10 last time i got 120 prints in gunns. i seem to be collecting films i can't afford to process right now so it's been a while.

and damn, i really want the micro 110. spy camera! want not need.

depends what you want, really. i have a 120N holga and a 35mm smena that does similar things - the 35mm film is easier to get and cheaper to have processed, but there's something special about using medium format, so. sorry, that's not very helpful. i bought mine off some random ebay seller.

oh, i got really really nice stuff from a vivitar ultra wide and slim (there's a few flickr groups) and it's 35mm, less shoddy than holga but equally fun, and much cheaper. unfortunately, they don't respond well to being dropped from a height.

i think it was about 10 last time i got 120 prints in gunns. i seem to be collecting films i can't afford to process right now so it's been a while.

and damn, i really want the micro 110. spy camera! want not need.
ooh the vivitar looks cool the micro cam is grand but haven't seen any particularly nice shots taken with it anywhere on flickr.

i have a camera that uses 110 film but i couldnt find anywhere to process it.. i sent it to london once and only time.. put the camera on the shelf never to be used again.. well at least until i move somewhere that does it..

I saw these Holgas in Urban Outshitters yesterday for nearly 90 space credits! Fuckin insane. I got mine on eBay a few years ago - £25.

Haven't really shot with it, though. I should start. It's weird using an SLR then going back to Holgas or Lomos. I shot a roll or two with my Lomo a few weeks ago and the photos were so shit! More than usual anyway.

i have a camera that uses 110 film but i couldnt find anywhere to process it.. i sent it to london once and only time.. put the camera on the shelf never to be used again.. well at least until i move somewhere that does it..

damn. good to know, that's more trouble than it's worth.

ooh the vivitar looks cool the micro cam is grand but haven't seen any particularly nice shots taken with it anywhere on flickr.

the vivitar is cheap and great, wih the caveat that it is cheap in every sense.

I'm surprised you can't get 110 stuff developed here. It's the same process(C41) as 35mm.

It is a lot of hassle though, you gotta take the film out of the casing and put it into a 35mm casing and then put it through the developing machine like that. Also printing needs a different negative holder so that's even more hassle.

here's a question i've had for ages but never known where to ask*:

i had this camera when i was a kid, i think it came from boots in the uk. the film was a cartridge and it was a pain in the hole to get it processed. it was plastic, with a squarish rectangular body with curved corners, brightly coloured, and the viewfinder was a hollow rectangle of plastic that just flipped up at the top, no glass.

sound vaguely familiar to anyone? i think the entire saga of lisa's adventures in toy cameras is an attempt to get that damn camera back again.

* i have more. babies are made with salt crystals, right?

here's a question i've had for ages but never known where to ask*:

i had this camera when i was a kid, i think it came from boots in the uk. the film was a cartridge and it was a pain in the hole to get it processed. it was plastic, with a squarish rectangular body with curved corners, brightly coloured, and the viewfinder was a hollow rectangle of plastic that just flipped up at the top, no glass.

sound vaguely familiar to anyone? i think the entire saga of lisa's adventures in toy cameras is an attempt to get that damn camera back again.

* i have more. babies are made with salt crystals, right?

yeah, that was 110 film...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/110_film

wanna go halves on a fisher price digital camera?

Hi folks, I really like the look of the Holga Photos. Can any of you recommend a similar camera available in Ireland that would produce the same effects? The 120 film is a bit of a turn off.

Thank

That photo place/gallery in meeting house square would be the best place to ask questions and that. There's a few people on here with them who'd probably be able to answer your questions too. I think there may be a thread somewhere too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back