Hola Better Internet (1 Viewer)

When I try and set up Hola on my ipad it doesn't give the option of Ireland as the country I want to pretend to be surfing from. Is this just because I am currently in Ireland and hence there is no reason why I would want to do that? I.e. If I access it from Spain tomorrow it will give me Ireland as an option?

When I try and set up Hola on my ipad it doesn't give the option of Ireland as the country I want to pretend to be surfing from. Is this just because I am currently in Ireland and hence there is no reason why I would want to do that? I.e. If I access it from Spain tomorrow it will give me Ireland as an option?

I'm guessing 'yes'

I don't see America as an option. But maybe it is racist

Thanks Thumped! Needed this thread - now I can watch all those military parades and royalist documentaries that are exclusive to UK viewers.

"As in most cases when something is free, you are usually the product."

Hola's 9.7 million customers mostly use the company's service and browser plugin as a way to bypass Netflix geolocation restrictions, allowing them to stream Netflix content in markets Netflix hasn't officially launched in yet.

But these customers apparently weren't told their connections would be used as exit nodes to fuel a paid anonymity service owned by Hola dubbed Luminati, which has marketed itself as a "larger, faster and more anonymous" version of Tor.

This fact wasn't widely known until recently, when 8chan realized users of both services were being used to power a massive spam assault on the website. 8Chan founder Frederick Brennan in a note to users calls the VPN the "most unethical VPN I've ever seen," and explains how it's notably different from Tor:

Free VPN Service Hola Selling User Bandwidth For Shenanigans | DSLReports, ISP Information

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back