High on Fire Apology (1 Viewer)

brianoak

Originally posted on Metalireland

We apologize for not making Dublin man but we tried. We really fucking tried.

Long story short, our flight from Sf to Dublin got cancelled by US Air and US Air would only rebook it on one of their (or their airline partners) flights. We couldn't get on one out in enough time to make the Dublin show (though the US Air fuckers 'kindly' dropped us in Dublin airport the next day at 9 am so we could wait 7 hours for a connecting flight to Liverpool).

Missing Dublin was a crusher for us. We were really looking forward to playing in Ireland as we've never been, and we're going to try to work somethin out to get back there by years end after our US commitments are done with.

We currently have an early December UK show scheduled and are going to try to make up that Dublin show right near that. Thats the working plan anyway.

Again, we're really, really sorry you are bummed. We didn't want to miss this one either and are going to do our damnedest to make it up to you and the great people of Dublin who have been so supportive of us and exceptionally patient about this whole fiasco.

Thank for writing to ask us what happened instead of just talking shit on us to. That means a lot man. You're a class act and we appreciate it (esp. given the circumstances).

Des, Matt, and Joe
High On Fire

aw bless.

brianoak said:
Originally posted on Metalireland

We apologize for not making Dublin man but we tried. We really fucking tried.

Long story short, our flight from Sf to Dublin got cancelled by US Air and US Air would only rebook it on one of their (or their airline partners) flights. We couldn't get on one out in enough time to make the Dublin show (though the US Air fuckers 'kindly' dropped us in Dublin airport the next day at 9 am so we could wait 7 hours for a connecting flight to Liverpool).

Missing Dublin was a crusher for us. We were really looking forward to playing in Ireland as we've never been, and we're going to try to work somethin out to get back there by years end after our US commitments are done with.

We currently have an early December UK show scheduled and are going to try to make up that Dublin show right near that. Thats the working plan anyway.

Again, we're really, really sorry you are bummed. We didn't want to miss this one either and are going to do our damnedest to make it up to you and the great people of Dublin who have been so supportive of us and exceptionally patient about this whole fiasco.

Thank for writing to ask us what happened instead of just talking shit on us to. That means a lot man. You're a class act and we appreciate it (esp. given the circumstances).

Des, Matt, and Joe
High On Fire

I didnt write to them,in fact I told loads of people they took a load of pills the night before and missed their flight.I dont why I did that,but as far as Im concerned thats what really happened

fair play to them for being so decient about it. there's lots of bands who woudn't care that much about missing a gig.

xsteox said:
fair play to them for being so decient about it. there's lots of bands who woudn't care that much about missing a gig.

yea man, totally agreed. its cool that they care.
i hope they can make it over to us in december. fingers crossed.

superman said:
yea man, totally agreed. its cool that they care.
i hope they can make it over to us in december. fingers crossed.

I couln't make the gig on sunday due to a pressing engagement so I give two enthusiastic thumbs up to them for cancelling cos now I'll get to see them in December..unless someone else needs pressing.

Yeah, here's to December. I wouldn't say I was happy, but at least I didn't have to decide between HoF and Shiyani Ngcobo in Whelans. And Shiyani was sweet...

J.

vlachos9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back