help help! (1 Viewer)

Latex lizzie

the head snapped off my bass last night! it's not a bolt on neck so I cant replace the whole thing..can it be repaired or should I just buy the whiskey and start crying now?

who does this sort of repair and how much should I expect to pay. It's a very clean break btw.

ta muchly.

Latex lizzie said:
the head snapped off my bass last night! it's not a bolt on neck so I cant replace the whole thing..can it be repaired or should I just buy the whiskey and start crying now?

who does this sort of repair and how much should I expect to pay. It's a very clean break btw.

ta muchly.

boink.

Ouch.

How did you manage to snap it off? Repairing it is going to be tricky since, as you said, it's not a bolt-on so replacing the whole neck isn't an option. You should contact a professional luthier perhaps, since superglue isn't going to do the job in this case. :p
Perhaps the guys in Soundgear on South Richmond Street can recommend one - you should get in touch with them. Even though they do basic repairs, maintenance and electronics, i doubt they will be able to fix your problem (if it is fixable) but they might at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

..ah it broke years ago and I had it fixed by o'neils on capel st. like new. Thing just slid akward the other night and I broke it again. O'neils is RIP so ....It is possible to fix just who is the question...

Latex lizzie said:
..ah it broke years ago and I had it fixed by o'neils on capel st. like new. Thing just slid akward the other night and I broke it again. O'neils is RIP so ....It is possible to fix just who is the question...

I reckon any repair will be temporary at best. The bass will never be right. Staying in tune will probably be a pain in the bum.

Best to accept it, get a new one, and be careful with it this time!

Latex lizzie said:

ta muchly.
happened me a few years ago with an old bass i had.
my local music shop guy at homw sent it to some guy in limrick to get it fixed.turned out perfect. dont know the name of the limrick guy but they can be fixed...

crumb highly reccomended this guy:

Derrick Nelson,
Guitar Maker&Repairer
Marley Craft Courtyard
Grange Rd
Rathfarnam,Dublin 16- 01 4942741

expect the pay for this kind of job though, and expect making said payment to smart like fuck.

the head of my acoustic guitar snapped in half last year.... this fella (in galway, so probably no use to you) glued it and put it in a clamp over night ... keeps in tune just as well as before.... maybe basses are different ... cost me €60 ....
the guy in the local guitar shop said to ask the repair guy for a price first or else i'd get shafted

Latex lizzie said:

ta muchly.

steveamanakick knows a really good luthier in limerick named john conway, repaired a gibson flying v neck perfectly that had snapped off, no problems, cost €50, dont know his number but can find out for you or just pm steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back