Hellworld Thread (1 Viewer)

If this is true it’s a godsend for bibi and the boys at the top. They have mid level officers who didn’t pass stuff up the chain and downplayed reports of Hamas training/preparations.
Almost too convenient…

"the new therapy is extremely expensive — $2.2 million per patient, Vertex said. The pricing strategy, experts argue, may place it out of reach for many families. What’s more, that price doesn’t include the cost of care associated with the treatment"

"the new therapy is extremely expensive — $2.2 million per patient, Vertex said. The pricing strategy, experts argue, may place it out of reach for many families. What’s more, that price doesn’t include the cost of care associated with the treatment"
Just to put this in context, this is the first time CRISPR is being used like this so there are huge hurdles to jump through but I predict that in 10 years, it will be available on most medical plans for a fraction of the price and for loads of disorders, not just sickle cell anaemia. It’s like genome sequencing, the first human sequencing cost millions per person and required a massive cadre of researchers to process. Now you can get it done out of interest for a few hundred quid so you can fill in your ancestry project at home.

An article from 2021, still a good read
Obviously economic growth demanded by capitalism is always the problem but how do we overthrow it??
I doubt anyone here is prepared to make the necessary sacrifices.
We knew all this since the late 80's.

We are fucked and have been on a dead end path for generations.
If I don't die of natural causes first, I expect a situation where mass suicide is a preferable option in my lifetime.

Just to put this in context, this is the first time CRISPR is being used like this so there are huge hurdles to jump through but I predict that in 10 years, it will be available on most medical plans for a fraction of the price and for loads of disorders, not just sickle cell anaemia. It’s like genome sequencing, the first human sequencing cost millions per person and required a massive cadre of researchers to process. Now you can get it done out of interest for a few hundred quid so you can fill in your ancestry project at home.

As it's an FDA related story, sickle cell in the US disproportionally affects black people (funny what happens when you lift a category of people en masse who tend to have a genetic adaptation which lessons the impact of Malaria and drop them in a place that doesn't have much Malaria), black people in the US are also disproportionally uninsured so raising the 2.2 mill a year to treat the people who might need it the most will be hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back