Hellworld Thread (4 Viewers)

are there many public places where water bottles can be refilled though?
You can ask people to fill them in any cafe and they (in my experience) will always oblige ... I'd probably always be buying something when I ask though, maybe they wouldn't be as obliging if I wasn't.

I piss in bar toilets and fast food toilets all the time without buying anything, fwiw. If it's small place I'll usually ask, don't bother if the place is big and/or busy

You can ask people to fill them in any cafe and they (in my experience) will always oblige ... I'd probably always be buying something when I ask though, maybe they wouldn't be as obliging if I wasn't.

I piss in bar toilets and fast food toilets all the time without buying anything, fwiw. If it's small place I'll usually ask, don't bother if the place is big and/or busy
I don't want to buy any restaurant food and I am a vegan which limits my options.
I don't want to carry a bottle around all the time especially a metal one.

maybe bars should just sell glasses of water - what a simple idea!

as regards going to the loo for free; if you don't know where to go it's not a reliable option.
But some actual public toilets would be much better.

Vegans are allowed go to bathroom too

If i'm driving if often get water in bars

anywhooo youe exmple isnt representative of people who buy a new plastic water bottle every day and are yet to detect a pattern.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All I am saying is give water drinkers same options as with other drinks.

Vegans have less options - with food that is.

I have not been allowed go to the loo in toilets in Dublin twice and besides that am continually stopped from using loo unless I buy something.

How much is a glass of water incidentally?
Where specifically in Dublin city centre sells glasses of water?

When I criticised flying here almost no one wanted to know.

Vegans are allowed go to bathroom too

If i'm driving if often get water in bars

anywhooo youe exmple isnt representative of people who buy a new plastic water bottle every day and are yet to detect a pattern.

55 pence for water compared to 5 or 6 Euro for a Guinness.

are there many public places where water bottles can be refilled though?
most toilets are in places that expect you to buy something first. I have to go to a bar or fast food joint and buy a drink in Dublin just so I can use a toilet!!!

I am expected to carry a bottle around all the time while other drinks are routinely served out of paper cups, cups and glasses? unless I buy something else in the latter case.

If I buy a plastic bottle of water and I do have a bag I will hold onto the bottle and use it many times.
But with no bag what am I supposed to do?

when I go to a gig it usually involves being away from home for 13+ hours, I cannot feasibly bring a metal bottle into a gig. I avoid drinking at gigs because of the travelling involved to get home.
I don't drink alcohol. It's 5 pm and today I have only drank water - not unusual.

It ain't that simple unfortunately.
if you don't want to do something, there's always reasons not to do it

If you really want to do something, a solution is often figured out

I've walked into half the pubs and and department stores and used their toilets. No one gives a shit in my experience, Trinity is lousy with water refill yokes

Bags are literally meant to be carried. I bring one everywhere.

If you don't want to do this, it's fine. Don't do it. But it's not even slightly difficult to figure out and adapt to.

if you don't want to do something, there's always reasons not to do it

If you really want to do something, a solution is often figured out

I've walked into half the pubs and and department stores and used their toilets. No one gives a shit in my experience, Trinity is lousy with water refill yokes

Bags are literally meant to be carried. I bring one everywhere.

If you don't want to do this, it's fine. Don't do it. But it's not even slightly difficult to figure out and adapt to.

I am nearly only in Dublin at night to go to gigs.
A lot of those places aren't open then.
And as I said I am routinely stopped at night by security people when I go near toilets.
That's my experience.

I am walking 7 miles to the shops shortly and will bring a canvas shopping bags in each thigh pocket of my combats - as usual.

Now capitalism has commodified something inexpensive (water) and repackaged it to make money.
That is the issue.
It is still not as bad a coffee shops or the alcohol IMO.

Recently I gave up drinking rice milk.
I couldn't get Rice Dream (calcium fortified version) since September.
The rice milk alternatives weren't fortified so I saw no reason to buy them anymore.
I will hopefully get a blood test done soon and see how I am getting on.
So now I am on water only at home with the odd juice when I go out.

Why are people not as critical of other drinks?

Why are people not as critical of other drinks?

When beer is available free at a tap in my house so i don't have to keep buying tins and pints of it i'll be less critical.

The point isn't really the water, it's the plastic - we aren't actually personally attacking you for going to three gigs a year in Dublin here, it's more about as i said, folks who are buying a plastic water bottle every day when they defintely have a tap at home. Do you think people who are in a routine daily office situation with the same start and end point 5 days a week need to buy five plastic water bottles a week when they own a tap? The plastic is pure waste.

I only go into town for gigs three nights a year and I fucking live in town

Never had a problem pissing or drinking water thank god. I generally get a Canada dry ginger ale if I find myself in a pub,because I live in the 1970s

I've even taken shites in town. No problemmo.

I only go into town for gigs three nights a year and I fucking live in town

Never had a problem pissing or drinking water thank god. I generally get a Canada dry ginger ale if I find myself in a pub,because I live in the 1970s

I've even taken shites in town. No problemmo.

old joke..

man sees a sign that says ''drink canada dry''

so he buys a boat...

When beer is available free at a tap in my house so i don't have to keep buying tins and pints of it i'll be less critical.

The point isn't really the water, it's the plastic - we aren't actually personally attacking you for going to three gigs a year in Dublin here, it's more about as i said, folks who are buying a plastic water bottle every day when they defintely have a tap at home. Do you think people who are in a routine daily office situation with the same start and end point 5 days a week need to buy five plastic water bottles a week when they own a tap? The plastic is pure waste.
OK I agree!
That wasn't stated at the start of the conversation.
Some of the solutions offered on the issues were bordering on piss take though.
Do people go on long runs with a metal bottle?

There's the canny innovator I know!

You'll figure out this Dublin water and slash thing in no time
Hotel I went into today in my local town (near Lidl) had a door closed near the back entrance that meant I couldn't get to the toilets. Would've meant walking back 450 metres to otherside of building accessed through different road entrance as other entrances were also shut.
Instead I went to town library about 7 minute walk away and then walked 6 minutes back to Lidl.
The toilet in Lidl has been shut for about three months due to renovations.
So waste of 10 minutes after toilet plans A and B both failed.
It was before noon so a lot of places weren't open yet.
Even local knowledge doesn't help sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back