Headz and Cabz (5 Viewers)

About 4 years ago he brought me upstairs to look at synths, there was some great stuff up there and 2 years ago I got my Bassman 100 head in there for €400...but then I am a local. Last time my brother was there he said there was 3-4 old Fender Twins.

where does he get the stuff? i mean the miami showband couldn't have had that much gear,they weren't exactly floyd...

I think BrianOak's cab was a 2x12.
I reckon it'd do me.
I hear ya on the transport issue though.
I bought a Blues Jr. thinking it'd be great because I could carry it to gigs + jams.

But then I forgot you have to carry beer too.

Where/when/how on the 800? Did you pick it up 2nd hand?

twas a 1936 with two greenbacks i think,little bro of the 1960 as far as I know. Cool cabs and dead handy.
Plenty of bargains to be had on Ebay though if you make the effort.

twas a 1936 with two greenbacks i think,little bro of the 1960 as far as I know. Cool cabs and dead handy.
Plenty of bargains to be had on Ebay though if you make the effort.

I'm always a bit leery about eBaying 'vintage' stuff like that.
Any tips?
Here, how would you charachterise your Hiwatt head vs. the average Marshall cab? It was a bit gnarlier and more midrangey as far as I can recall..?

Any tips?
Here, how would you charachterise your Hiwatt head vs. the average Marshall cab? It was a bit gnarlier and more midrangey as far as I can recall..?

Yeah it is.
In my opinion it sound s a lot better tone wise than any Marshall I ever used. I used to own a JCM 2000 for a bit and played through a few others but for the the kind of stuff I use the amp for the Hiwatt is superior in sound..that said for fast metal and clean strumming there are better amps around.
Spend a bit on your cab though, makes a huge difference to the sound.

Any tips?

Hiwatt has more 'body' and weight in the tone than any Marshall I ever played through. Fair bit louder too but without losing the tone the way some Marshalls do.

That said it's unreliable unless it's kept serviced regularly.

as far as tips for ebay goes I dont use it really..I tend to buy the Slomatics cast offs.

where does he get the stuff? i mean the miami showband couldn't have had that much gear,they weren't exactly floyd...
I always reckoned the old stuff he had was showband stuff.
He didn't have many used guitars last time I was up,and I don't recall too many heads. Just about a half dozen or more old small combos. The shop itself is bigger than it's been for a while. Also of note. the counter is now in the shape of a strat neck and headstock(the headstock being the glass cabinet that houses pedals etc) and the drums are raised up on huge drum heads/rims complete with tuning heads etc.
I may be in it at some point over the weekend myself. Pity I've no money though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back