Headline band not providing backline (1 Viewer)

this just in - promoter for a pretty swank venue here in town scheduled us for an opening slot for a couple of bands from out of town tomorrow - she just sent an email telling us we are to provide the backline and we don't go on until 12. we'll be telling her to go fuck herself, thereby decreasing to ZERO the chances of us ever playing this room again. ah well.

edit - she just pushed it up to us going on at 11 and it means a friday night headline gig in our future.

fucking compromises...

Possible HOOT in November by the by...

x

If you make it November 9th we will have to option but to kill you. And man, we really really don't want to have to do that ...

We're only starting to look for support gigs now but we've already got all our own gear.
(including a bass amp - ooooooooohhhh)

Makes a huge difference in rehearsals not to be pricking about with beat up combos trying to get a usable sound.

Only problem is, my bass cab is an Ampeg 8x10, which is actually too big for some venues (especially ones with staircases) so I'll probably be stuck using D.I. boxes anyway.

Can't fucking win.

We're only starting to look for support gigs now but we've already got all our own gear.
(including a bass amp - ooooooooohhhh)

Makes a huge difference in rehearsals not to be pricking about with beat up combos trying to get a usable sound.

Only problem is, my bass cab is an Ampeg 8x10, which is actually too big for some venues (especially ones with staircases) so I'll probably be stuck using D.I. boxes anyway.

Can't fucking win.
i use an Ampeg 6x10, and i'd carry it up 5 flights of stairs by myself if i had to, if only not to have to rely on the sound guy to give adequate bass thru the monitors.

i use an Ampeg 6x10, and i'd carry it up 5 flights of stairs by myself if i had to, if only not to have to rely on the sound guy to give adequate bass thru the monitors.

How's that hernia coming along?

In fairness, we've only done 1 gig so far so hopefully I'll get to use it a bit more than I'm expecting.

By the way, any bands looking for a support act feel free to send me a PM.

We're WELL rehearsed, tight as fuck & ,as I said, have all our own gear.
Check out the links below to hear what we sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back