Has anyone ever been a witness for the "defence" in a law suit??? (1 Viewer)

I represented Yurn in court once but got booted out as the judge wouldn't allow for 'grand standing' in his court, it also didn't help that I refused to recognise the court in the first place.

in the sense that they both are often careful and precise with how and what they say, to the point of being pedantic.
If you say anything that can be misinterpreted it will be. In fact, scientists and lawyers will look for ways that it is possible to misinterpret what was said, or interpret it in some extreme way, to test if what was actually said holds for all cases.
If it doesn't, then you would have to do some hand waving and add caveats and so on.

double jeopardy means you can shit on the judges hammer twice and get away with it. third time will get you locked up.

No dumbass, that's the three strikes rule. Don't you watch any American television?

Double jeopardy means that the second time you shit on the judges face you get a thousand dollars.

The answer is "Shitting on your face, m'laud". What is the question?

in the sense that they both are often careful and precise with how and what they say, to the point of being pedantic.
when you say 'often', can you define more precisely what proportion of your dealings with scientists and/or lawyers has involved this type of behaviour? and secondly, what sample size of people are you basing this on?

crikey whathappen good luck with that!
I've never attended court as a witness etc but I do a lot of court reporting, so from that side of the fence I'd agree totally with those who say:

- dress well (no problem for you!) as first impressions do count - they want to know you're serious. Something fairly sedate though.

- take your time, don't let the lawyer pressure you.

- address the judge

- expect the lawyer to possibly try and trip you up when they're questioning you - as long as you tell the truth then that's all you can do. Don't be afraid to tell them they're wrong if they are. Don't get too annoyed.

- good luck!

PM me if you want :)

toot toot! all aboard for the joke train!

photo_crash.jpg

Just stick to the facts . The other side will probably try to discredit any evidence you give . You will be nervous . Helps to write down and rehearse your recounting of the facts . Don't let them rush you .
Take your time , pause when you need to and think carefully about what you're saying and about what you're being asked .
I had to give evidence about a car crash once and used the bible as a prop to show what happened , it was gas ........ "we" lost though , so maybe don't do that .
If it starts to go wrong just clear your throat and yell ,DENNY CRANE!.That seems to work.

hahahahaha
I was in the same car with thairock.
Did'nt help that I got my left and right's mixed up when giving evidence.
Ah well.
Youth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back