Ham Sandwich on Late Late Show (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm biting my tongue here !ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa

biting your tongue to congratulate me for my astute insight? man its just my opinion, i dont really give a shit about ham sandwich or irish bands. yis are all doing a great job.

Where are all these bands that sound like Tortoise?.. There were a few a couple of years back but the whole 'post-rock' thing seems to be on the wane in Dublin lately..

Out of curiosity I looked them up on Youtube- given their wacky/kooky look i was surprised by their blandness

just very ordinary

Never really heard much of them, besides the shite name, but I'm confident this pic on their myspace should remove any doubt:

1359329815_l.jpg

They are clearly brilliant.

ye see, the thing about slagging bands on thumped, you'll only get away with it in this fashion if none of them actually post here. so the entire discussion about 'being entitled to an opinion' on this forum is total whorseshit. as is the entire thread. they'll get what they deserve, like any band. who gives a shit? like really... uh huh.

The Late Late should figure out some useful way of having bands on. The live vocals to a backing track thing just doesn't work.

Where are all these bands that sound like Tortoise?.. There were a few a couple of years back but the whole 'post-rock' thing seems to be on the wane in Dublin lately..

http://www.myspace.com/hatsformyhands

Mates o' mine, just started gigging this year. I think the first song up on their page is good. Drummer plays guitar for Ham Sandwich.

Point taken.

I just feel strongly about supporting new Irish bands is all.

theres the problem right there.
up the front supporting bands you don't even like.

it's kinda admirable an' all but just very Irish. like the way we say about our soccer team 'ah they played well.. cut them a break' when they've just lost another game 5-0 to Turkmenistan or something

i like to support irish bands too but only when i like what they do or think they have something original going for them that interests me

theres the problem right there.
up the front supporting bands you don't even like.

it's kinda admirable an' all but just very Irish. like the way we say about our soccer team 'ah they played well.. cut them a break' when they've just lost another game 5-0 to Turkmenistan or something

i like to support irish bands too but only when i like what they do or think they have something original going for them that interests me

so true

Turkmenistan

Had anyone ever heard of Turkmenistan before yer man popped his clogs? Is it a wind up? He banned chocolate. The only book in the educational system is his "philosophy" book. Gold statues of him all over the place. I suppose we'll only know when Budget Travel or one of them opens it up. Like Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back