halo 2 (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter moc
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3
moc said:
judging by the ol' grand theft auto san andreas thread y'all are ps2 heads but anyone played halo2 yet?

its fucking brilliant.
game are doing an XBOX + Halo 2 for 199 deal. tempted, but with half life 2 out next week where would i get the time???

Got to play a bit of it at the launch party last night and thought it was pretty boring. I liked the first and all, but jesus.. it's over, let it go.

However, it's supposedly killer on Live.

THRILLHO said:
Got to play a bit of it at the launch party last night and thought it was pretty boring. I liked the first and all, but jesus.. it's over, let it go.

Ya multiplayer is almost the only reason I like Halo.

bought the live yesterday specially for it. a mate was playing a 16player online this morning. cant feckin wait to get mine set up!

THRILLHO said:

Got Halo 2 at 12.30am yesterday morning. It is fuckin immense, the single-player campaign is tough as fuck (Heroic level is basically equivalent to Legendary on Halo) and the multiplayer is unbelievable, so smooth and fast.
My favourite thing so far : Plasma swords, one swipe and you're dead!

Wayne said:
Everytime I play it online I get hammered.
you gotta build up the skills. that is to say, I gotta build up the skills.
I know I could take 'em if it was a Hitman Multiplayer or Splintercell..but Im not good enough at Halo. Also, I dont have Xbox live.

I'm the predator. In reality, I would be a higher level but I keep winning games where half the people have already quit and therefore don't lose stats at the expense of my gain, whereas any games I lose are usually against full teams of people after half my team has quit. That really fuckin sucks. The lag problem is also a big issue too, so many times I am shooting people only to find that they are in fact standing two metres to the left of what I am shooting at. Sniping on Blood Gulch is near-impossible at times because the enemy isn't where my TV says he is, and I go for headshots.
In fact, I just went down to level 10 after playing 5 games in a row where members of my team quit out right after the start of the game and the rest of us got mauled.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more lag really fucks me up in some games, I could be doing so much better except other people have a huge advantage over me. Still it only happens sometimes. Stupid Americans.

Cormcolash said:
Edit: The more I think about it, the more lag really fucks me up in some games, I could be doing so much better except other people have a huge advantage over me. Still it only happens sometimes. Stupid Americans.
why is there a lag? is it not real time *BLAM* *POW* *BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA* ?

do you have a lower connection speed than the yanks?

MEh.

Im waiting on my Paper Mario 2 and Metal Slug 3, aswell as Zelda: the minish cap, and Prince of Persia 2.

The best part is that I have to do an essay for college that discusses sound fx in games. Looks like I can combine college work with christmas present fun.

what do you do in college?
tim said:
MEh.

Im waiting on my Paper Mario 2 and Metal Slug 3, aswell as Zelda: the minish cap, and Prince of Persia 2.

The best part is that I have to do an essay for college that discusses sound fx in games. Looks like I can combine college work with christmas present fun.

tim said:
MEh.

Prince of Persia 2 has been getting some bad reviews. From what I've read, they took what was a classic game last year and changed it quite a bit. It's supposed to be a lot more violent and full of scantly clad female characters. The soundtrack has also changed to contain nu metal style tracks (makes sense considering the period the game is set in). Also a lot of the original platform elements have been dumbed down. They basically thought they'd sell more if they made it more appealing to the average 12 old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back