GZ presents pre-easter rock out! (2 Viewers)

damien

Since 2000
G - zee presents

Mon 5 April - Lower Deck, Portobello
True North (USA, No Idea Records)
Langdon Beck
Serpents

Doors 8.30pm, adm €6

TN Bio:

Dave Diem: Bass, Vocals
Ryan Murphy: Guitar, Vocals
Mark Rodriguez: Drums
Matt Sweeting: Guitar, Vocals

In the summer of 1998 Ryan and Mark, after the break-up of Palatka, decided to begin writing songs with Matt who at the time was also playing in Strikeforce Diablo and Asshole Parade. Things started going well so they decided to bring in good friend and bass player Dave Diem from the band Twelve Hour Turn. Immediately a band was created and they called it True North. Song writing came easy and they soon began recording. First came a demo that was quickly followed by a full-length LP/CD on No Idea records (home of Hot Water Music, Against Me, Small Brown Bike, etc) entitled "We Speak in Code". This recording proved that they truly were a melding of influences from all their previous bands.

True North played their first show in the spring of 1999 in Gainesville, Florida with Yaphet Kotto and Discount. They played several more shows before deciding to tour. Over the next couple years, True North toured the north-east and south-east extensively with bands such as the Red Scare, Orchid, Blood Brothers, Lightning Bolt and Twelve Hour Turn. In the last couple years, they have toured all of the U.S. as well with the Blood Brothers and Red Light Sting.
True North has taken several breaks over their five years in existence but now are in full momentum and after having three recordings under their belts, are back in the studio recording for a new full-length and other various projects. They continue to stay true to their roots but have matured musically and vocally. They continue to travel, doing brief trips around the south-east with the Blood Brothers, Storm the Tower, Against Me!, and Army of Ponch.

In the very beginning of 2004, True North will tour the U.S. again and then in March/April will tour extensively in Europe.

truenorth_04.jpg

www.truenorthsucks.com
www.noidearecords.com

Thur 8 April - Frazers on O'Connell St (in the basement)

Kaospilot (Norway, level plane records)
Angora Static (Norway)
My Remorse
Scientific Bong

doors 8pm, adm €6

Kaospilot:
Proving that Arctic conditions are not enough to slow down the manic sounds of hardcore is Norway's KAOSPILOT. Unlike their country's native black metalers, the band steers clear of absurd bouts of religious denial and mythological imagery in order to deliver pure emotional terrorism. Following on the heels of a split 7" with Level-Plane veterans NEIL PERRY and a successful European tour which saw them join forces with HOT CROSS for ten days, KAOSPILOT is no stranger to the Level-Plane family and pushes the label's diverse sound even further. This is the band's first full length recording and features eleven scintillating bursts of feverish screamy hardcore in the vein of ORCHID and REVERSAL OF MAN.
kaospilot6.jpg

Angora Static: Fellow Norwegians on the up, a little less distortion, a little more melody. Good shit.

www.kaospilot.net
www.angorastatic.com
www.level-plane.com

next: Macrocosmica (Sabbath meets Shellac sounds from Glasgow, ex-mogwai & TFC), GOLF (ex-tooth from Limerick), Boxes, Bullets & more - Lower Deck 7 May.

who macrocosmica ? yeah dave waiting room is doing it on the 8th in some place i've never heard of before.

oh, nah they aint playing in cork. youll have to come to dublin...

G Zee? Man, that sounds like the name of a new white rapper. Change it back to Ground Zero. I know where your parents live, I just found an old copy of Planet Fish. I'll knock down, take your ma out to dinner and bring your da out for a game of darts and a few rounds. Then you'll know who's the fuckin boss, boss.

the strange guy said:
G Zee? Man, that sounds like the name of a new white rapper.
well actually boss, i am now using the idea of a shoddy diy punk collective to launch my new career... gotta make the bills somehow..

i can totally see Damien dressed head to toe in Fubu gear, rapping about guns while surrounded by writhing beatches

damien said:
who macrocosmica ? yeah dave waiting room is doing it on the 8th in some place i've never heard of before.
Damien, on what planet do Macrocosmica sound like Shellac and Sabbath?
I've just heard the mp3s man..jesus..I was expecting heaviness.I was rewarded with something that sounded like Alice in Chains..
..I dunno..I worry about your hearing sometimes..

Alan Remorse said:
uh oh, that doesnt sound good
((errr..between you and me, it's not necessarily that they're bad,although they left me completely cold personally, it's more that my standards of what's heavy are considerably more severe than most other people's.Don't let me put you off going to see them, just don't expect them to be anywhere near the description above..judge for yourself at www.macrocosmica.org.uk .. now, I'm not renowned for explaining myself, so let's pretend this little post here in brackets never happened 'kay?))

needtokill said:
((errr..between you and me, it's not necessarily that they're bad,although they left me completely cold personally, it's more that my standards of what's heavy are considerably more severe than most other people's.Don't let me put you off going to see them, just don't expect them to be anywhere near the description above..judge for yourself at www.macrocosmica.org.uk .. now, I'm not renowned for explaining myself, so let's pretend this little post here in brackets never happened 'kay?))
alright yeah they've got a little more of the melodic stoner buzz about them.. they're good though, none of the sleeze shite involved.

deadly support bill for that gig, heard the golf cd today, pretty fucking good.

damo do we need to bring gear or will true north hav it all?
we blew our lovely pa but will be fixed soon.
cant wait for this.....never played in the lower deck before. its a nice little line up as well.

Alan Remorse said:
i was talking about true north, but i'll prob go to that other gig too

Alan, I may be heading to the true north gig to check out serpents, twould be one of those famous suicide runs, straight up and down that night. Would you be interested in sitting in my car listening to brazilian death metal for 8 hours to get the true north toons goin on live?

yeah, definitely, that'd be cool. will it just be the two of us (at last!) or anyone else comin? this way i can finally see serpents.. and heckle liadain.

dont worry, its just part of the plan to eliminate all competition. Eh, i mean... its for the sake of the scene.

yes... the scene...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back