Guna Nua ? (1 Viewer)

aaaaaa out bid again. might wait til the last few minutes . willing to pay €150 for it plus €18 shipping. I really want it. I could try to make it but I am not proficient enough to make a velvet dress.

the marc by marc jacobs shop has loads of special offers but unfortunately our enarest one is in england i think..they have this goigeous pan am/marc jacobs bag that i would give me right arm for..and marc jacobs vans...yums..
have ya won that dress yet?

i always wear green..and in such a particular shade that my other half now refers to it as audrey green when we see it anywhere...i have red hair and my mum used to always have me in green when i was little cos they went nice together..so it is not difficult for me!:)

i always wear green..and in such a particular shade that my other half now refers to it as audrey green when we see it anywhere...i have red hair and my mum used to always have me in green when i was little cos they went nice together..so it is not difficult for me!:)

You're the one bidding against whathappen? aren't you ;)

That is an absolutely gorgeous dress. I want, but can't afford so won't be joining the bidding war.

Advice please. Its at €88 . I am willing to go to €200. So far its me and one other person. It ends in 8 hours.However my broadband signal is dodgy so I am not 100% sure I will be on tonight. So should I whack on the $200 now or go to say €150 ..aaaaaaaaa

I think you'd want to have the odd combination of very small waist and biggish breasts for that dress - a shape not seen much these days.

It's actually that most women were corseted into dresses like that. Even they weren't quite so proportioned. Smaller waists, yes, but those waists had help. Most vintage places have a bit of trouble actually selling the 1950s gowns with those kinds of cuts because while everyone wants to try them on, it's tough to get a good fit without a corset. Which is why when they do come up for sale in a normal set of proportions, they're like gold dust.

It's fecking gorgeous, though, whathappen. VERY envious of it. YUM YUM.

OOOH YEAH! I'm going to the vintage fashion fair in Belfast in two weeks,if anyone wants to come. YAAAAAY!

I think you'd want to have the odd combination of very small waist and biggish breasts for that dress - a shape not seen much these days.

mmmm you can get boob "helpers" squidgy things you put in a secret compartment of your bra. Small boobs is the crappy payoff for a small waist :mad:

I GOTTA KICK SOME VINTAGE BIDDING ASS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

mmmm you can get boob "helpers" squidgy things you put in a secret compartment of your bra. Small boobs is the crappy payoff for a small waist :mad:

I GOTTA KICK SOME VINTAGE BIDDING ASS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have a big chest and a smallish waist, but no boobies. So I just look ridicuous in a lot of clothes. But yeah, it's a bummer. I have small boobs AND a flabby belly, a body like a chubby boy.

Can you up the bid to 150 and then have someone check in a few hours? Then, if you need to find a computer and re-up your bid, then you can give it a try.

Also, how frequently does the other person seem to be bidding? Like, are they bidding every hour? Or is it just every few hours? Because if they're going hell-for-leather, you might just cause yourself undue agony.

It's actually that most women were corseted into dresses like that. Even they weren't quite so proportioned. Smaller waists, yes, but those waists had help. Most vintage places have a bit of trouble actually selling the 1950s gowns with those kinds of cuts because while everyone wants to try them on, it's tough to get a good fit without a corset. Which is why when they do come up for sale in a normal set of proportions, they're like gold dust.

It's fecking gorgeous, though, whathappen. VERY envious of it. YUM YUM.

OOOH YEAH! I'm going to the vintage fashion fair in Belfast in two weeks,if anyone wants to come. YAAAAAY!

:mad: AND XS SMALL GIRDLES ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND.
what katie did is a glorious site
http://www.whatkatiedid.com/

going to make alilac underskirt if I win. A lot of the pattern makers have re-issued their original stuff form the 40s and 50s. Getting a new sewing table soon so I'll be up to my next in tulle velvet lace and ribbons.

I have a big chest and a smallish waist, but no boobies. So I just look ridicuous in a lot of clothes. But yeah, it's a bummer. I have small boobs AND a flabby belly, a body like a chubby boy.

Can you up the bid to 150 and then have someone check in a few hours? Then, if you need to find a computer and re-up your bid, then you can give it a try.

Also, how frequently does the other person seem to be bidding? Like, are they bidding every hour? Or is it just every few hours? Because if they're going hell-for-leather, you might just cause yourself undue agony.

they havent bid since last night . then it was every about 1 hour ater I put in my highest . she is still winning

Can I email the seller and offer them $100 more than the current price or my max translates at $280. Or is that allowed ?

:mad: AND XS SMALL GIRDLES ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND.
what katie did is a glorious site
http://www.whatkatiedid.com/

going to make alilac underskirt if I win. A lot of the pattern makers have re-issued their original stuff form the 40s and 50s. Getting a new sewing table soon so I'll be up to my next in tulle velvet lace and ribbons.

GOOD GOD.

Do you do commissions, like?

I bought a couple of 1960s/70s high-waisted skirt patterns not too long ago because they looked like I'd be able to do them by hand. I wish that I could be sure I'd use a sewing machine if I had one, but I need some brush-up lessons and some motivation. I used to make clothes when I was a kid, and now I'm lazy and sloppy.

That What Katie Did site looks cool.

Do you have shoes for it? I can't imagine any crappy old shoe would go with it. (not that I'm suggesting your everyday shoes are crappy or anything - I'm sure you're a mini Imelda Marcos)

Do I ever

Gorgeous dark yellow/gold Prada 5 inch . still in their dust bags.

they havent bid since last night . then it was every about 1 hour ater I put in my highest . she is still winning

Can I email the seller and offer them $100 more than the current price or my max translates at $280. Or is that allowed ?

I have no idea. The problem is, if she is in the US, then that means she'll be much more likely to be at her computer when the auction ends. Which means that unless you're willing to sit there until 2am, you might be wisest to just enter your highest bid and see if that's more than her highest bid?

Actually, I'd wait a few hours, put in your highest bid and then hope for the best. If you start getting into a bidding war now, you might end up letting the adrenaline get the better of you and going WAY over what you'd set as your initial limit.

It's absolutely gorgeous, but you would no longer be getting a great deal on it...

i don't understand how you can pay that much without trying it on... or am i missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back