Guitarists talking about their gear (1 Viewer)

One of the best gigs I've seen was pantera KILLING megadeth in the old point. They had their own sound and that's not too easy to do. At their best they were fucking mighty.

Megadeth rule. End of story. But Pantera owned them at that point gig.

Rick Parfitt and his tech seem to have an interesting relationship...

Also what seems to be a running theme in all these Rig Rundowns is the effort they put in to keeping it quiet on stage. Has anyone here ever thought about using an iso cab?

Has anyone here ever thought about using an iso cab?

Not really. I see more folk using those Axe FX or the Kemper profiling units now. People seem to be less precious about stuff having to be valve. The quo must be driving the AC30 hard if it needs to be in an iso cab. My AC30 goes down to 15 watts, which seems to keep most FOH people happy. Also, about a year ago I got an amp stand that allows me to angle my amp up at my head. Makes a massive difference. I've been turning down!

Also what seems to be a running theme in all these Rig Rundowns is the effort they put in to keeping it quiet on stage.

But,don't most of them use in ear monitors and have their own soundman who presumably knows what he's doing,and be playing bigger venues(outdoors even)?

I'd imagine the on stage volume is probably still damn loud and it's all comparitive. Could be wrong though.

Looking at making a tiny one for the house for recording. I wonder about the air travel in them, reflections, all that kind of thing. then if pros are using them its probably not relevant.

Looking at making a tiny one for the house for recording. I wonder about the air travel in them, reflections, all that kind of thing. then if pros are using them its probably not relevant.

You can get one on Thomann for €350. Although the Quo were just using a flightcase. I guess it's just about having space at the front and back of the speaker.

I noticed that. Although they were claiming that they were modded to 200w but when you look at the view from the back all you could see was 2 output valves.

[I'm such a goddamn nerd]

It was Rick that claimed 200 Watts wasn't it? He probably meant modded to take two output valves and got a tad mixed up. To run 200 Watts they'd need 4 KT88s or 6550s which are a lot bigger than EL34 and need a new chassis to hold them far enough apart from each other which I highly doubt they've done.

With iso cab I'd imagine you want the box well dampened so the sound is soaked up rather than bounced around a small area but otherwise not much to them.

yeah. its very 'long finger' now as i'll be getting that solid body working before anything.

alex turner, like josh homme doesn't chat a lot about guitars online,
he has been using this thing though which looks great.

tumblr_mn9ebva6QS1r3hy9wo2_500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back