• XBOX 360

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Ban this sick filth now

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah right. I wonder what Microsofts thinking behind it is?

Whats odd is they've supposedly spent 50 million on extra content that they've clearly chosen not to advertise. A lot of people know absolutely nothing about it. Doesn't seem right.

Why are they releasing this on a Tuesday? Pricks. I'm in work until late on the 29th.
Tuesday is release day in the States, so they are giving it to us then as well, rather than making us wait another three days.

Edit - Dave it's pretty obvious, biggest game of the year and they want people to buy from them rather than a competitor. They buy the points in at bulk from MS at a reduced price, more people buy the game from them, they sell more, make a bigger profit. MS aren't losing out as they have made money on the points, and they will have a bigger install base to flog the DLC to.

Exactly. It doesn't hurt them. Even more reason why they'd decide to pass them on to retailers for free.

I'd be surprised if its soley retailers behind this. Nothing like this happened for Halo 3 or any other game. There was something i read in a newsletter email from Microsoft advertising free points when i pre order GTA4. I think it's their idea not the retailers.

Anyways my point is i just think its odd that they're focussing on this and not selling the DLC thing. Its far more attractive than a few points or useless gamer pics.

Is this the most hyped / anticipated game evah?

Apart from Frontier: Elite II.

I quite enjoyed Frontier.

How much are MS going to charge for the DLC? Has anyone ever run out of things to do in a GTA game and felt they needed to buy more?

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:...nts&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ie&client=firefox-a
A GTAIV offer you won't want to refuse...

If 2007 was the best ever year for games – and the Xbox 360, specifically – just you wait until you see what’s in store for 2008. Indeed, we have treasures galore, for sure, and possibly none more exciting than Rockstar’s forthcoming blockbuster, Grand Theft Auto IV.
UH248_GTAIV460px.jpg

We’re guessing that the drip-fed supply of screenshots, occasional gameplay trailers and tantalising storyline descriptions have already whetted your appetite for this gritty tale of life on the mean streets of Liberty City, right? Doubtless all this talk about EXCLUSIVE downloadable extra ‘episodes’ has had you patting yourself on the back that you made the right choice of console too. Hey, welcome to the club! So are you going to be waiting in line to pick up a copy of the game when it launches on April 29th?
We doubt you’ll be alone on the day. But why stand in a queue, shivering in the Spring rain, when there’s a very real chance that your favourite retailer has already sold out to super-keen customers who’ve been camping on the pavement all night or, crucially, who have done the sensible thing and pre-ordered their copy? Can you tell where we’re going with this yet…?
Set aside the obvious benefit of guaranteeing that you get the game from Day One, how does the thought of effectively being paid to pre-order grab you? We’re not joking – pre-order the game through select retailers and you’ll receive a bonus 500 Microsoft Points absolutely FREE – save them up for those downloadable episodes we were talking about earlier. You’ll also receive codes to download exclusive GTAIV Gamerpics too.
It’s a no-brainer, which ever way you look at it. Or, more appropriately, (adopts gruff gangster-style accent) it’s an offer you can’t refuse. See big game retailers near you for more information soon.
Pre-order now to get 500 Microsoft Points and 4 Free gamerpics!

I quite enjoyed Frontier.

How much are MS going to charge for the DLC? Has anyone ever run out of things to do in a GTA game and felt they needed to buy more?

Probably the same or more as Shivering Isles. 2,400 points.

Yeah apparently there is no real HUD when you are playing, your mobile has all your details. Or so that kokatu preview says.

I'd be surprised if its soley retailers behind this. Nothing like this happened for Halo 3 or any other game.
I dunno, there were qute a few different deals going on for Halo 3, Gamestop did the trade two games and get it for a euro deal, they haven't done that for any other game.

i don't remember seeing any 3rd person / over the shoulders shots at all, with or without hud

That was Xtra Vision was it not?
Dunno if xtravision had the same deal, but I definetly got it in gamestop for a euro. In fact I got 4 euro back as I had put down five euro on a pre-order.

Madness altogether. I got Halo 3 in Xtra Vision for a quid as well. I'd expect deals like that to crop up in the next week or so. Probably trade in Halo 3..

Did they code their own engine this time around? Was playing San Andreas last weekend and the pop-up and framerate drops were a lot worse than I remembered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back