• XBOX 360

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Ban this sick filth now

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dunno, there were qute a few different deals going on for Halo 3, Gamestop did the trade two games and get it for a euro deal, they haven't done that for any other game.

Sure theres always been in store offers like that but there's been nothing like this free points offer before. Something thats come down from the very top. Sony don't seem to be doing anything whatsoever for GTA.

We should do our own games industry podcast Stan. It'd be like The McLaughlin Group for saddos.

Sony don't seem to be doing anything whatsoever for GTA.

Which is absolutely loony, considering how many PS3s it has the potential to sell.

We should do our own games industry podcast Stan. It'd be like The McLaughlin Group for saddos.

Really loving OneLifeLeft at the moment. Joypod, while following a similar format, is hugely irritating.

Yep. The engine is called RARE.

RAGE, it says here. Same as they used for Table Tennis, although I'm sure they had their eye on GTA when they were developing it.

I'd dearly love a silky-smooth GTA with decent draw distance, but from the looks of the trailers so far it's still presented in jerk-o-vision. Oh well.

To be honest I don't think Sony need to do anything. The average chav on the street equates gta to Sony and the playstation brand. I bet sales of the ps3 sky rocket at the end of the month, as they upgrade to play the new gta. MS are the ones who need to be flogging themselves to the gta market.

Sorry yeah RAGE.

I thought the last trailer looked especially average. GTA games have always been weak in that area. As long as the graphics are good enough for me to distinguish different ethnic minorities i'm happy.

To be honest I don't think Sony need to do anything. The average chav on the street equates gta to Sony and the playstation brand. I bet sales of the ps3 sky rocket at the end of the month, as they upgrade to play the new gta. MS are the ones who need to be flogging themselves to the gta market.

I'd imagine thats the case. 3 people i know are buying ps3's for GTA.

Word is Sony are putting out a €399 GTA4 bundle two weeks after it releases.

I'd imagine thats the case. 3 people i know are buying ps3's for GTA.

Word is Sony are putting out a €399 GTA4 bundle two weeks after it releases.

See, I don't know why they don't have that bundle available at launch - I think you'll get a lot of people walking into game shops on April 19th and getting the 360 & GTA hard-sell, and coming out with a 360 instead.

Maybe I'm underestimating the Sony hard-wiring though.

ermm weren't they all cutscenes?

apparently the last trailer was 70% in game footage. using a sort of reply editor thingy.

i think its in-engine footage. although that doesnt mean it hasnt been touched up!

i don't remember seeing any 3rd person / over the shoulders shots at all, with or without hud

was reading a preview and they said they did 2 missions pretty much cod4 style, also reportedly had gears of warish cover system.

on the latest 1up podcast they made the same point, gta = playstation. it will definetly sell more on 360 because of the install base. microsoft are rumoured to be on the look out for a game studio with either ubisoft or take two the main choices. so you never know gta could become an xbox exclusive before too long

See, I don't know why they don't have that bundle available at launch - I think you'll get a lot of people walking into game shops on April 19th and getting the 360 & GTA hard-sell, and coming out with a 360 instead.

Maybe I'm underestimating the Sony hard-wiring though.

i reckon the bundle isnt at sale at launch because it would be essentially throwing away money. i dont think the ps3 is profitable yet so bundling for the bulk sales would be silly for sony.

there will be quite a few people waiting for the bundle as well. It also depends on what ps3 is bundled with it. the metal gear bundle is with 80GB console with back-compat which everyone is looking for!

MS are kinda unlucky in the sense that their biggest draw being the online service doesn't jump out at your average consumer in the same way as blu ray might. They've spent so much on this DLC - you'd think they spend some money trying to sell it.

MS are kinda unlucky in the sense that their biggest draw being the online service doesn't jump out at your average consumer in the same way as blu ray might. They've spent so much on this DLC - you'd think they spend some money trying to sell it.

yeah but they appeal to the 'hardcore' market. the attach rate for games bought per console is ridiculous on the 360. remember how many people bought the fucking horse armour for oblivion! the downloadable content will be huge!

Did you get a chance to play much multiplayer? Did you get your ass kicked by the Rockstar guys?
Yes, Xbox World 360 actually snagged a whole day playing against Rockstar PRs and devs in a exclusive feature a month or so back. Rather than simply go with the whole Deathmatch and Capture the Flag stuff, they've genuinely taken their time creating some amazing new modes that'll do the business online. Mafiya (a chaotic, mission based affair), Cops 'n' Crooks (one team try to capture the other) and Hangman's Noose (players team up to take an army of AI SWAT troops) were our personal faves...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back