• Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Ban this sick filth now

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stan Bowles

Contributor
So it's set in New York, and you play an eastern european type. And it looks nice.

Meh.

Actually looking at the trailer a second time the meh comment is a bit harsh, it does look very very nice...

Well, it's certainly next-gen. I mean, jesus, it's almost unrecognizable as a Grand Theft Auto game. I really like the little Koyaanisqatsi touches, but the whole thing seems very... I dunno... serious?

No doubting it looks impressive. The footage actually looks in-game to me. The lighting looks especially beautiful.

That = almost certain death for Sony and the PS3. The GTA series was one of the major reasons people bought a flipping PS2.

One of my mates is a 3D artist for Rockstar North (which is the best job ever by the way!), and I'm fairly sure that he said it's being developed for both. As for the death of the PS3 - don't you believe it.. it'll take time but I can see it happily building up in sales. I also see it screwing up HD-DVD. It's already got blu-ray in far more homes than HD-DVD, and is much cheaper for a player that does a lot more than just play dvds.

I thought it was a bit pointless. Any game would look deadly if you just showed snippets of cut scenes. Except for halo 3 of course.
well i thought it was good in the sense that it was like a movie trailer. and games are becoming more and more like films.
oh youre damn right that it doesnt make me want to buy the game. but it makes me wanna see in game footage.
just creates a buzz really.

All the cutscenes in the GTA series since it went 3D have been in-engine – so you can expect the game to look pretty much like it does here.

I just hope they sort out the ropey framerate problems that plagued Vice City & San Andreas - you don't really feel in control of the vehicles when everything's moving like a slideshow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back