• XBOX 360

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Ban this sick filth now

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C'mon Lefty, where's your internal hype engine? Y'know, the one that doesn't rely on old-fashioned shit like "proof" or "evidence" to conclude that GTA IV will be like - or better than - the second coming.

You're just jaded, man. The terrorists have truly won.

C'mon Lefty, where's your internal hype engine? Y'know, the one that doesn't rely on old-fashioned shit like "proof" or "evidence" to conclude that GTA IV will be like - or better than - the second coming.

You're just jaded, man. The terrorists have truly won.

Well its hardly looking like a next gen game is it? Its more like GTA 3 than anything else.

No MMO is a big disappointment and i was banking on an absolutely huge game map. I know a lot of people found the size of san andreas off putting but i loved it.

The quote that irritates me is re planes: 'we want it to be more realistic'.

So less fun then?

GTAIV IS TEH AWSOME!!!!

:D

Well its hardly looking like a next gen game is it? Its more like GTA 3 than anything else.

No MMO is a big disappointment and i was banking on an absolutely huge game map. I know a lot of people found the size of san andreas off putting but i loved it.

The quote that irritates me is re planes: 'we want it to be more realistic'.

So less fun then?

I'm all for the sandbox stuff, but it has to actually be well-implemented in the first place. With Vice City and San Andreas (both of which I've loved and lost weeks to) there was the niggling feeling that Rockstar were throwing more and more poxy minigames at the wall to see what would stick.

The size of San Andreas was fine, it's just that it felt a little empty (as in nothing stupid and amusing to do) in parts, so I reckon they bit off a little more than they could chew. I'm all for compact, feature-stuffed environments.

Never liked how the planes handle in any of the games, or maybe that's just 'cos I was shit at flying them.

UK, April 24, 2007 - The first gameplay details of Rockstar's upcoming epic Grand Theft Auto IV have been unveiled, just a couple of weeks since the first teaser trailer caused a major stir across the world.

Game Informer's Andrew Reiner -- one of the few journalists to see the game -- lifted the lid on some of the features we can expect to see when GTA IV launches in October.

Top of the list is the fact that players can fly across Liberty City, although not in planes. "There are no airplanes in the game but flying is still there," he explained. "One means of this is the helicopter. This is just one city and a plane really doesn't fit into that very well for gameplay. Flying is still very much a large part of the game."

Reiner also said that the driving experience was far closer to something like Midnight Club rather than previous GTA titles and that the camera angle sat closer to the car, which showed off vehicles in more detail and also enabled players to see more of the city as they drive around.

Talking of the city, Reiner added that even though he saw an early version of the game, it was already looking stunning. "The visuals are tremendous and easily some of the best I have seen. What's scary about this statement is that Rockstar North is still improving upon the visuals. There's little question that it will be one of the best looking games come this holiday," he said.

Other details revealed by Reiner include the possibility that players may be able to drive boats, get a girlfriend and - bizarrely - climb up telegraph poles. Rockstar also hinted to him that previous characters from GTA titles might put in an appearance, plus Reiner predicts that locations outside of Liberty City could be downloaded from Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network.

Whatever Rockstar squeezes into GTA IV, if it's got helicopters we're happy.

If they do include downloadable maps, it'll be interesting to see if microsoft has the balls to charge for the download while playstation people (probably) get it for free.

My favourite part of the games is flying the planes, I wish there were more! I'd spend hours flying around and seeing how low I could get without dying! Deadly fun!

Hellicopters are still in its only planes that are out, which is good news. i hated the planes

If they do include downloadable maps, it'll be interesting to see if microsoft has the balls to charge for the download while playstation people (probably) get it for free.

well rockstar signed a deal for episodic content exclusive to the 360

try the GRAW2 demo? i'm just installing it now, but i expect it'll be exactly the same as the 360 one...

That new Lair trailer looks shit.

Better they take longer with it than rush it out and it be shit.

Why would you buy the game on the PS3, let alone buy a PS3 console for it? The 360 has the episodic content innit.

Stan Bowles said:
Better they take longer with it than rush it out and it be shit.

Why would you buy the game on the PS3, let alone buy a PS3 console for it? The 360 has the episodic content innit.

Are there any details at all about the extra content though? At 50 million bucks there'd wanna be at least 5 or 10 hours gameplay in it.

Are there any details at all about the extra content though? At 50 million bucks there'd wanna be at least 5 or 10 hours gameplay in it.
Not at the moment.

I'm not worried about the length, it's the price that could be the sticking point. If they stick it at the same price as shivering isles they can stick it up their arse.

Not at the moment.

I'm not worried about the length, it's the price that could be the sticking point. If they stick it at the same price as shivering isles they can stick it up their arse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6928872.stm

Delayed until mid-2008.

It amazes me that they make these announcements so close to the release dates. They must know that it is nowhere near complete and the deadline can't be met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back