Groom album launch 24/4/09 upstairs Whelan's (1 Viewer)

Just had a listen to the tunes posted on them blogs.
Fairly fucking delly!
The reviews were all mainly in the affirmative also,which is'nt bad either.
Look forward to hearing the cd.

Was going to buy the CD in ROAD
for 6.99 or whatever it is, then I thought, no I'll wait for the gig and see a gig for 3.01 and get the CD in the cover charge, instead of paying 16.99 overall and getting a second CD I don't need.
Is that wrong of me?
It is a recession after all...

Only problem I fear is, having not heard the CD before the gig I'll be unable to sing along...

Judas

for 6.99 or whatever it is, then I thought, no I'll wait for the gig and see a gig for 3.01 and get the CD in the cover charge, instead of paying 16.99 overall and getting a second CD I don't need.
Is that wrong of me?

Only problem I fear is, having not heard the CD before the gig I'll be unable to sing along...

Is that wrong of me?

You're a shrewd man, Ian, and you have correctly worked out our cunning plan for getting people to do the 'double-dip'.

Damn you to hell!!!

So no matter what I do somebody somewhere is getting screwed.

Damn.

Fuck it, Bonsai send me a link, I'll download the feckin' thing and watch the gig highlights on youtube the next day and save myself a small fortune!

actually Ian, if you scooch around some of them thar blogs, myspaces and whatnot you should be able to hear a good chunk of the album. Just not in any the intended order, and not top quality. So.....yeah, I'd recommend just getting yerself a copy!

Nothing wrong with a bit of Belle and Sebastian influence.
One of my fave bands btw.

Hmmm. The main body of Death of a Songwriter is a bit B&Ssssy, I suppose, but it's a strong statement to say it's a rip-off. Especially as it has a big meandering middle section that's the best part, and B&S don;t do those, as far as I know. Not that I know much B&S.
Unsavoury accusation if you don't back it up anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back