Groom album launch 24/4/09 upstairs Whelan's (1 Viewer)

I'm listening to this album now. I haven't got as far as the songs I don't already know. I'll keep you posted, Groom, and I'll post something quotable like "esoteric beast-folk from Dublin's most eligible audio bachelors".

So I've listened to this a few times now, and it seems we've been treated to a satisfying chunk of esoteric beast-folk from Dublin's most eligible audio bachelors.
It's lyrically very impressive - I love the couplet about working in immunology/on an aircraft carrier in Death of a Songwriter.
Nice epic closer too.
Super work.

"Let's Die Together" is deadly, it sounds like it should be on Flying Nun.

Must pick up the album.

I listened to 'all this happened more or less' on the way home - great as always.

Then Thomas and I listened to the new groom album, which was really deadly. Sinead kept popping her head in from the other room to say 'Oh, i know that song' - she had seen groom play these songs once about a year ago and recognised them again immediately - a very good and really rare sign of a very talented songwriter.

Am currently looking at classic saabs and listening to Life Upstream, the first Settler album.

I listened to 'all this happened more or less' on the way home - great as always.

Then Thomas and I listened to the new groom album, which was really deadly. Sinead kept popping her head in from the other room to say 'Oh, i know that song' - she had seen groom play these songs once about a year ago and recognised them again immediately -a very good and really rare sign of a very talented songwriter.

Am currently looking at classic saabs and listening to Life Upstream, the first Settler album.

He's good alright!

Life Upstream is perfect for very long drives, Ro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back