Groom album launch 24/4/09 upstairs Whelan's (2 Viewers)

A couple more reviews are just in:

Entertainment.ie

Hello Kavita

From Entertainment.ie review
"That besides, there's songs that reference everything from retro garage ('Let's Die Together') and Belle & Sebastian's twee bounce ('Death of a Songwriter') here, while closing track 'Moving West' is imbued with a warmth and sincerity that gives its stripped-down base and layers of harmonies a quietly epic feel."

:)

From Entertainment.ie review
"That besides, there's songs that reference everything from retro garage ('Let's Die Together') and Belle & Sebastian's twee bounce ('Death of a Songwriter') here, while closing track 'Moving West' is imbued with a warmth and sincerity that gives its stripped-down base and layers of harmonies a quietly epic feel."

:)

One question.What is all this twee bullshit I keep hearing about?
I know what the word means...: affectedly or excessively dainty, delicate, cute, or quaint <such a theme might sound twee or corny -- Times Literary Supplement>

Its a fucking insult is what it is.

Oi Journos!Leave it out!

Well,I've just researched it more thoroughly and its basically just emo in flowery dresses and cardigans.Its a put on.
EEUUGGHHH.

One question.What is all this twee bullshit I keep hearing about?
I know what the word means...: affectedly or excessively dainty, delicate, cute, or quaint <such a theme might sound twee or corny -- Times Literary Supplement>

Its a fucking insult is what it is.

Oi Journos!Leave it out!

It seems it was reappropriated by "twee" bands as a badge, similar to the way the term queer became used in the gay community.

It seems it was reappropriated by "twee" bands as a badge, similar to the way the term queer became used in the gay community.

Well them bands need to man the fuck up.Leave the pigtails and lollipop shit to little girls.Actual little girls that is,not grown women acting it.

Well them bands need to man the fuck up.Leave the pigtails and lollipop shit to little girls.Actual little girls that is,not grown women acting it.

Check out McCarthy though, i think they're twee...well so says last.fm

Im frickin in love with some of their songs, yer man outta Stereolab was in them. it's good stuff!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Aye they did, apparently they were a very big influence on James Dean Bradfield or whatever his name is...can't recall what song they did though.

p.s good to see ya back I is John!

Didnt the manics cover a McCarthy song? I seem to recall enjoying it

They did We ARe All Bourgeois Now. The two versions are almost identical.
I like McCarthy a lot - Red Sleeping Beauty, Should the Bible Be Banned, An MP Speaks and the above song are my favourites.

My attendance depends on this. I don't want my enjoyment ruined like the last time I saw Groom in the same venue.

Will Groom the band earn more money from a CD bought in Road or attending this gig?

Attending the gig, Anthony.

Don't worry, though, we intend to make whatever sound engineer we get earn his money that night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back