Greyhound Racing (1 Viewer)

greyhound racing is horrible and everyone involved in it should have their own shit force fed to them.

I went out with this bird a couple of times once. Her family were into it. She told me she was getting one of her dogs put down. I asked why and she told me it was cos he wasn't fast anymore. I wanted to put her down. Fucking bitch.

Greyhound racing makes me cry.

I saw this chick on the beach one time when I was running, and she had a couple of greyhound puppies, who are easily the cutest of all kinds of puppies. I was playing with them, and was like, "ooh, what's this one's name? He's sparky."

"He doesn't have a name yet. He won't have a name until he's bought."

"And what happens if he's not bought? Or once he's not fast anymore?"

"I don't want to think about it."

"I wish I could buy him. He's great and he'd never have to do anything more than curl up on a soft bed and be spoilt rotten."

She looked around and was sort of like, "Hm, well, you know, I could always say he ran away...." Not quite as blatant as that, but I think she wasn't too pleased with the fate the dogs would have. Neither was I. Poor pet.

My brother used to adopt 'de-commissioned' greyhounds and they're fucking deadly dogs.

ALSO: Ireland kills 14,000 of them a year, second most in the world, surpassed only by Australia, apparently.

Ugh. Man, don't get me started on greyhounds. I love them to bits and hate people who think they should jsut race and be shot.

Is that link to You Tube working. I'm just getting a blank page when I look at it.

You wouldn't believe half the stuff that happens to the greyhounds after they become surplus to requirements. And there is a huge amount of misinformation among the general public about what greyhounds are like. They in fact make great pets, love children and are bone lazy!

Check out my handsome divil. He's a lurcher which is a greyhound x but he looks pretty much like a full greyhound.

100_0773.jpg

In another life he would have been used by certain sections of society for lamping and would have been discarded like rubbish when he too became surplus to requirements.

yeah i reckon there's loads of people on thumped
that are way into greyhound racing, badger baiting,
bear wrestling, cockfights, hunting homeless people
and the bum fights dvd

Greyhound racing makes me cry.

ALSO: Ireland kills 14,000 of them a year, second most in the world, surpassed only by Australia, apparently.
Not to mention the rest who are shipped off to Spain where they are raced in whatever state they are in, injured, pregnant, until they die basically. Some of the 'lucky' Irish dogs often get dumped with their ears mutilated (i.e hacked off) so they can't be traced back to their owners (Greyhound's ears are tattooed and registered with the Irish Greyhound Board). They are treated as a commodity by a industry who discard them when they have finsihed making money out of them.

When we move in a few months we are adopted a greyhound! Yippeeee

There's a fella in the park has two of them, one an ex-racer he adopted and the other one he's had since it was a puppy - it was going to be put down because it was 'no use' for racing. They're deadly dogs, really friendly and gentle.

Except our Bouli hates the pair of them. One of them chased him round the park and he was freaked out. Now he goes fucking mad every time he sees them. They're his nemesises :eek:

I used to see two old guys walking about Stoneybatter with a greyhound. The lads would walk so slowly that the greyhound used to take a fewbackwards steps to let them catch up

lovely dogs

i went trespassing on a farmers land one day when i was 10 and i went into a shed and there was 2 greyhounds in there so i legged it and left the door open in fright. the beasts escaped and killed three cats before being recaptured.

Knew that video would make me feel nauseous before I watched it. Fucking bastards.

have gone to greyhound racing a couple of times with work. Not really my thing and unpredictable as hell if you're betting.

my father used to go shooting pheasants in the 1980s. He was usually accompanied by a neighbour whom I disliked. The man refused to have a phone installed in his house and his family were frequently cadging calls off ours.

All of a sudden my father stopped going and wouldn't say why. I was a bit miffed as pheasant is one of my favourite dishes but I got over it.

I found out a few years later the reason why my father stopped going with the neighbour.

He always brought his dog with them [a pointer] and on their last outing together, sent it off to collect a pheasant carcass some hundred yards away in a rather inaccessible ditch. The dog returned without the pheasant and the neighbour, in a fit of rage, shot the poor animal in the head and said 'come on let's go home'.

i've only been to the dogs once and that was in irishtown at christmas. there's a track near where i live too, always see heaps of people going in there.

i didnt like the experience, but had no idea of the amount that are killed every year, very sad :(

Actually, I was told Paddy Power don’t take bet’s on the dogs because it’s all stitched up by the Ra.*

*Totally putting an “allegedly” in there.

I was only joking anyway but was considering going to the dogs in the coming weeks and now I couldn't be arsed after reading the severity of it.

Paddy power would sell his own mother for a few euro

was considering going to the dogs in the coming weeks and now I couldn't be arsed after reading the severity of it.

This makes me very happy if its true!.|..|

I've been to the dogs a good few times over the years and never realised what goes on in the industry. It was only after getting my dog and doing some reading on it that I found out and was horrified.

It would be great to see more greyhounds getting adopted as pets in this country. Tell all your friends everyone!!!:D

have gone to greyhound racing a couple of times with work. Not really my thing and unpredictable as hell if you're betting.

my father used to go shooting pheasants in the 1980s. He was usually accompanied by a neighbour whom I disliked. The man refused to have a phone installed in his house and his family were frequently cadging calls off ours.

All of a sudden my father stopped going and wouldn't say why. I was a bit miffed as pheasant is one of my favourite dishes but I got over it.

I found out a few years later the reason why my father stopped going with the neighbour.

He always brought his dog with them [a pointer] and on their last outing together, sent it off to collect a pheasant carcass some hundred yards away in a rather inaccessible ditch. The dog returned without the pheasant and the neighbour, in a fit of rage, shot the poor animal in the head and said 'come on let's go home'.

Aww fuck. I feel ill having read that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back