Great Goals 2008/2009 (1 Viewer)

from last year...v nice goal against Bayern Muenchen.

Grafite is the Brazilian Gary Doherty...or is Gary Doherty the Irish Grafite...I forget.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Obviously not a goal but some shot all the same !!

Apparently he was told to fuck off back to Peru by an angry fan....

Here's the gif
a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_paolog.gif

great strike. we'll never hear from him again now.
great name, though.
the irony of a youth player, signed as a feotus, scoring against arsenal, the football incubator (c). oh! the irony.

great strike. we'll never hear from him again now.
great name, though.
the irony of a youth player, signed as a feotus, scoring against arsenal, the football incubator (c). oh! the irony.

The biggest load of bollocks is that myth, imo. Judging from his first-team squad, Wenger's youth policy appears to be to poach 20-year olds from French clubs after they've developed them and they've broken through. For quite a lot of money too. Then when they don't win anything to offer the excuse that they've a young team. He's a spoofer. To randomly select a player Wenger has developed....hmmm, Joe O'Cearuill maybe? Last seen not getting a game for St. Pats.

Anyway, Rose's goal, I love how Clive Tyldesley describes it as a "memorable goal". Understatement of the year.

Amazing stuff, this.

The biggest load of bollocks is that myth, imo. Judging from his first-team squad, Wenger's youth policy appears to be to poach 20-year olds from French clubs after they've developed them and they've broken through. For quite a lot of money too. Then when they don't win anything to offer the excuse that they've a young team. He's a spoofer. To randomly select a player Wenger has developed....hmmm, Joe O'Cearuill maybe? Last seen not getting a game for St. Pats.

Anyway, Rose's goal, I love how Clive Tyldesley describes it as a "memorable goal". Understatement of the year.
quite so. although david bentley has done okay, hasn't he? you could almost put out a premiership xi of players that wenger let go on the cheap. they'd probably beat his current lot.

of course, i'd have to think about that, and i can't be bothered.

Judging from his first-team squad, Wenger's youth policy appears to be to poach 20-year olds from French clubs after they've developed them and they've broken through. For quite a lot of money too.

Lets see, Gael Clichy, was 16 when he moved from third division Cannes on a free transfer. Abou Diaby, moved from Auxerre when he was 20 so you've got me there, for a staggering £2 million, oops. Nasri, signed for a lot yes, but was 22 and already a French international with 121 league games played, not really part of a youth policy I don't think you could say. A million for then 18 year old Alex Song. Traore, signed on a free from Monaco aged 16 having never played for them. Other French players in the squad like Gallas, Sagna and Silvestre were all grown ups when they arrived and a pseudo Frenchmen like Djourou has been at Arsenal since he was about 15, his first senior club and all.

If you want to say that Arsenal pay big for broken through kids then you have to look to the British ones, I dunno how much with the installment we've forked over for Walcott but lets say it's ten million plus at this point, and we paid 5 mill for Ramsey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back