Great Goals 2008/2009 (3 Viewers)

Lets see, Gael Clichy, was 16 when he moved from third division Cannes on a free transfer. Abou Diaby, moved from Auxerre when he was 20 so you've got me there, for a staggering £2 million, oops. Nasri, signed for a lot yes, but was 22 and already a French international with 121 league games played, not really part of a youth policy I don't think you could say. A million for then 18 year old Alex Song. Traore, signed on a free from Monaco aged 16 having never played for them. Other French players in the squad like Gallas, Sagna and Silvestre were all grown ups when they arrived and a pseudo Frenchmen like Djourou has been at Arsenal since he was about 15, his first senior club and all.

If you want to say that Arsenal pay big for broken through kids then you have to look to the British ones, I dunno how much with the installment we've forked over for Walcott but lets say it's ten million plus at this point, and we paid 5 mill for Ramsey.

Alright, alright, he's brought through a few, I'll give him that, though it's nothing like how he goes on about it. Future this, future that, sure he said last week he sees a "bleak future". He's making a bollocks of the place and the fans with their "In Arsene We Trust" sign are severely misguided. What he has spent money on isn't good enough or is always injured and a lot of players leave which leads me to believe that the team-spirit of the club isn't quite up to par. They haven't won a thing in 5 years but, yeah, if you selected 11 players who've left in this time they'd most likely beat the current side no problem. 14 years he's been there now, time to go upstairs, imo.

I like the idea of Arsenal, and I really rooted for them at one point, but the reality pisses me off so much now.

jeez, you arsenal lot have more buttons than a controller for an atari jaguar.

jeez, you arsenal lot have more buttons than a controller for an atari jaguar.

There's plenty of valid criticisms that can be made towards Arsenal and Wenger; our lack of central defensive cover, not a whole lot of leadership and experience in the side with a few exceptions, the fact that we probably rush players back from injury before they're ready and thus have them reaggrevate their knocks, the fucking goalkeeper. Any of those, and probably some other ones that don't spring to mind immediately, you wouldn't hear a dissenting peep out of me but that thing about 20 year old French kids that cost loads is totally inaccurate.

not 2008/2009 but fuck a new thread. check this guy out, surely a future hero!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i prefer his goal against us a few weeks back

legendary player anyway,glad i got to see him in the flesh.
oops,just seen you also had that goal in your post,slow internet :eek:

my favourite player ever. good to see how universally liked he is, even though everyones favourite pastime especially on world cup years is this sub-racist italy bashing chorus super fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back