Great Goals 2008/2009 (2 Viewers)

He was a fantastic player. The Yugoslavia team that got evicted from the the 1992 european championships was one of the best to never win anything. there is a damn fine documentary about that side, I think it's called The Last Yugoslav Football Team well worth a watch

He was a fantastic player. The Yugoslavia team that got evicted from the the 1992 european championships was one of the best to never win anything. there is a damn fine documentary about that side, I think it's called The Last Yugoslav Football Team well worth a watch

Was one of my favourites back in the day. Practically beat Spain by himself in Italia 90. Great free kick for his first goal but his second was a total peach.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYE8ZCp7cck"]YouTube - Stojkovic italia90[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5q7sY1PqoA&NR=1"]YouTube - Spain-Yugoslavia 1990[/ame]

That Yugoslavia side and the Italians from the same year must make up two spots on the list of the best teams not to win anything. Along with Hungary in the 50s and Holland in the 70s.

Edit :eek:ops posted that already looking at here squad they had some legends though. i'm bowled over, Damn argentina and they're penalty taking ability. Maybe if they'd won the world cup their country wouldn't have erupted into violence..... eh...no....it still would have you shortsighted hippy twat. and now i'm talking to myself, embaraassing

Damn argentina and they're penalty taking ability.

Stojkovic and Maradona both missed their kicks that day if I recall.

You'd probably have to throw the early-mid 80's Brazil side into the best losers ever category as well. Moreso the 82 one probably what with Socrates and Zico at the height of their powers.

Stojkovic and Maradona both missed their kicks that day if I recall.

You'd probably have to throw the early-mid 80's Brazil side into the best losers ever category as well. Moreso the 82 one probably what with Socrates and Zico at the height of their powers.

Yup they'd be on the list for sure. Probably the worst defence Brazil have ever had. Which really is saying something.
examples here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

actually Brazil 1990 were worse defenders.

holland 74, they keep saying that they should have won, blah blah, but the opposite side of the best team never to win coin is that people tend to overlook the fact that the 74 west germany team was really something else. better than the dutch team, that's for sure. schwiiiiing.

what about france in 82 or 86. poland in 82? nigeria 94, croatia 96, scotland 78, portugal 66, you could go on for the rest of your life. ireland 94? holland 98? qpr 75, czech rep insert a year. etc. the gas is the danes replaced the yugos and won in 92 and they weren't a patch on the danes of 86 who were great, but obviously weren't ever gonna win it.. also spain, any year. nearly every year.

holland 74, they keep saying that they should have won, blah blah, but the opposite side of the best team never to win coin is that people tend to overlook the fact that the 74 west germany team was really something else. better than the dutch team, that's for sure. schwiiiiing.

what about france in 82 or 86. poland in 82? nigeria 94, croatia 96, scotland 78, portugal 66, you could go on for the rest of your life. ireland 94? holland 98? qpr 75, czech rep insert a year. etc. the gas is the danes replaced the yugos and won in 92 and they weren't a patch on the danes of 86 who were great, but obviously weren't ever gonna win it.. also spain, any year. nearly every year.

What's your point ? Mine was that the best team yugoslavia had since the sixties got knocked out of one world cup on penalties and then the country disintegrated before they could compete again and therefore make it on one of those unfortunate lists are you pointing out everyone on that list? If so nice inclusion of Nigeria they were something very special.

Here they are winning olympic gold two years later

West Germany were amazing in 74 and 90 but the Danes weren't great in 92 and Spain were poor in 90 and 94 imo.

What's your point ? Mine was that the best team yugoslavia had since the sixties got knocked out of one world cup on penalties and then the country disintegrated before they could compete again and therefore make it on one of those unfortunate lists are you pointing out everyone on that list? If so nice inclusion of Nigeria they were something very special.

Here they are winning olympic gold two years later

YouTube - Atlanta 96' Olympic Final: Nigeria vs Argentina

West Germany were amazing in 74 and 90 but the Danes weren't great in 92 and Spain were poor in 90 and 94 imo.
what's my point? i have no idea, it was so long ago.

kanu was incredible in 96

Big fat Ronaldo scored a cracker here

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back