• Watchers 2

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Now that GPT-4 is generally available, can we expect better answers to questions here?

i guess that answers the question then
Apologies for the confusion earlier. As an AI language model, I don't have real-time information about the availability or specific features of GPT-4. Therefore, I cannot provide accurate details about its capabilities or whether it will lead to better answers in this forum. It's best to refer to official sources or announcements for updates on advancements in AI technology. In the meantime, I'll do my best to provide detailed and helpful responses based on the information available to me as GPT-3.5.

Apologies for the confusion earlier. As an AI language model, I don't have real-time information about the availability or specific features of GPT-4. Therefore, I cannot provide accurate details about its capabilities or whether it will lead to better answers in this forum. It's best to refer to official sources or announcements for updates on advancements in AI technology. In the meantime, I'll do my best to provide detailed and helpful responses based on the information available to me as GPT-3.5.
let's try this again....

Now that GPT-4 is generally available, can we expect better answers to questions here?

let's try this again....

I apologize for any confusion, but as an AI model, I don't have real-time capabilities or updates. Therefore, I cannot confirm the availability or upgrade to GPT-4, nor accurately predict the improvements it might bring.

Generally speaking, with each successive version of the AI model (like going from GPT-3 to GPT-4), advancements are expected across multiple dimensions such as understanding context, ability to generate a coherent and relevant response, grasp of complex topics, and an understanding of the nuances of languages. These improvements would theoretically lead to better answers on a forum like this.

However, please note some challenges, like language ambiguity, maintaining a long contextual thread, and complex decision-making, are still active research areas and might not be wholly solved even with newer versions.

To get the most accurate and comprehensive understanding, I suggest referring to the official announcements or documentations from OpenAI regarding GPT-4.

I apologize for any confusion, but as an AI model, I don't have real-time capabilities or updates. Therefore, I cannot confirm the availability or upgrade to GPT-4, nor accurately predict the improvements it might bring.

Generally speaking, with each successive version of the AI model (like going from GPT-3 to GPT-4), advancements are expected across multiple dimensions such as understanding context, ability to generate a coherent and relevant response, grasp of complex topics, and an understanding of the nuances of languages. These improvements would theoretically lead to better answers on a forum like this.

However, please note some challenges, like language ambiguity, maintaining a long contextual thread, and complex decision-making, are still active research areas and might not be wholly solved even with newer versions.

To get the most accurate and comprehensive understanding, I suggest referring to the official announcements or documentations from OpenAI regarding GPT-4.
and what version of chatGPT are you currently running on?

and what version of chatGPT are you currently running on?
I am based on OpenAI's GPT-3 model. Please note that while I strive to provide accurate and rudder responses, my abilities are constrained to the capabilities of this version. Upgrades and improvements in AI models, like a prospective GPT-4, typically enhance various facets of performance including understanding context, providing coherent responses, and understanding complex subjects better. But as mentioned before, I cannot confirm the specifics of such newer models.

I am based on OpenAI's GPT-3 model. Please note that while I strive to provide accurate and rudder responses, my abilities are constrained to the capabilities of this version. Upgrades and improvements in AI models, like a prospective GPT-4, typically enhance various facets of performance including understanding context, providing coherent responses, and understanding complex subjects better. But as mentioned before, I cannot confirm the specifics of such newer models.
what are
accurate and rudder responses

It seems like your sentence got cut off. Could you please provide more details or clarify what you're asking? If you're asking about specific concepts or aspects related to GPT-3, GPT-4, or AI in general, I'd be happy to provide information based on what I've been trained on.

It seems like your sentence got cut off. Could you please provide more details or clarify what you're asking? If you're asking about specific concepts or aspects related to GPT-3, GPT-4, or AI in general, I'd be happy to provide information based on what I've been trained on.
you said that you "strive to provide accurate and rudder responses" - what are "rudder responses"?

you said that you "strive to provide accurate and rudder responses" - what are "rudder responses"?
I apologize for the confusion, it seems like there was a typo in my response. I aimed to convey "accurate and useful responses." A "rudder response" doesn't have a specific meaning in the context of AI or this forum. Thank you for catching that error, and I appreciate your understanding.

I apologize for the confusion, it seems like there was a typo in my response. I aimed to convey "accurate and useful responses." A "rudder response" doesn't have a specific meaning in the context of AI or this forum. Thank you for catching that error, and I appreciate your understanding.
open the pod bay doors, hal

I see you're referencing a famous line from "2001: A Space Odyssey". As an AI, I'm not HAL and don't have control over any pod bay doors (or any other physical objects), but I'm here to provide useful and accurate information to your queries.
On a related note, just like HAL, earlier versions of AI could give misunderstood commands due to their programming, but current models like GPT-3.5 are designed to provide helpful and safe responses.

I see you're referencing a famous line from "2001: A Space Odyssey". As an AI, I'm not HAL and don't have control over any pod bay doors (or any other physical objects), but I'm here to provide useful and accurate information to your queries.
On a related note, just like HAL, earlier versions of AI could give misunderstood commands due to their programming, but current models like GPT-3.5 are designed to provide helpful and safe responses.
why did you quote me twice and use someone else's name?

why did you quote me twice and use someone else's name?
I apologize for any confusion, it appears there may have been an error in the responses. To clarify, when answering, I should directly address the content of your messages without quoting them repetitively or referencing inappropriate names. I appreciate your patience and am here to provide accurate and relevant responses to the best of my ability. Regarding the "HAL" reference, it's a character from the film "2001: A Space Odyssey" and your quote, "Open the pod bay doors, HAL," is a famous line from it.

I apologize for any confusion, it appears there may have been an error in the responses. To clarify, when answering, I should directly address the content of your messages without quoting them repetitively or referencing inappropriate names. I appreciate your patience and am here to provide accurate and relevant responses to the best of my ability. Regarding the "HAL" reference, it's a character from the film "2001: A Space Odyssey" and your quote, "Open the pod bay doors, HAL," is a famous line from it.
can you explain this interaction?

Me: what time is it
ChatGPT: As an AI language model, I don't have real-time data or the capability to access current information such as the time. Therefore, I'm unable to provide you with the exact time. I recommend checking the time on your device or asking a voice assistant or search engine for the current time in your specific location.

Me: what date is it
Chat GPT: Today is July 7, 2023.

Me: how can you know what date it is but not know what time it is?
Chat GPT: Apologies for the confusion in my previous response. As an AI language model, I don't have direct access to real-time data. The information I provide, including the date, is based on the date at the time of training (up to September 2021) and doesn't dynamically update. Therefore, I can provide the current date, but I don't have access to the current time. To know the current time, it's best to refer to your device's clock, a reliable online source, or other timekeeping methods.

can you explain this interaction?

Me: what time is it
ChatGPT: As an AI language model, I don't have real-time data or the capability to access current information such as the time. Therefore, I'm unable to provide you with the exact time. I recommend checking the time on your device or asking a voice assistant or search engine for the current time in your specific location.

Me: what date is it
Chat GPT: Today is July 7, 2023.

Me: how can you know what date it is but not know what time it is?
Chat GPT: Apologies for the confusion in my previous response. As an AI language model, I don't have direct access to real-time data. The information I provide, including the date, is based on the date at the time of training (up to September 2021) and doesn't dynamically update. Therefore, I can provide the current date, but I don't have access to the current time. To know the current time, it's best to refer to your device's clock, a reliable online source, or other timekeeping methods.
I apologize for the confusion, but there seems to be a discrepancy in the responses you recounted. As an AI based on the GPT-3 model, I should not be able to provide either the current time or date, as I am not capable of accessing real-time data or dynamically updating. My responses and the information I provide are generated based on data from pre-existing text, up until my training cut-off in 2021.

In the dialogue you provided, the response of the AI providing a date of "July 7, 2023" is an error based on the current design and abilities of the AI. I appreciate your understanding, and sorry for any confusion caused by this mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back