gotham cafe, tasty or the back of my bollix (1 Viewer)

To reiterate - the trick with the Steps of Rome is - when ordering to take away, order pre-made slices - when ordering to eat in - order a fresh (round) pizza - they're dynamite.

are the pre-made slices just taken from the round pizzas?

Please understand - they are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. The recipes are different, I think even the dough is different. The slices are designed for putting in your bag and scampering up to the Green with - they are rugged and hardy. The round pizzas are light and crisp and straight from the oven. Both are yummy, but each serves a different purpose... It's subtle, y'know?

no thanks Krystal. it's sounds like it'd be crap.
Well I'm afraid you'd be very wrong. The duck pizza in the gotham cafe is deadly. I wouldn't know about anything else on the menu, as that's all I have if we go there (which admitedly is about twice a year).

Please understand - they are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. The recipes are different, I think even the dough is different. The slices are designed for putting in your bag and scampering up to the Green with - they are rugged and hardy. The round pizzas are light and crisp and straight from the oven. Both are yummy, but each serves a different purpose... It's subtle, y'know?

went in for lunch yesterday. Raining piss.

no round pizzas before 6pm so had two slices - salami and anchovy. Lovely.

My lunch companion chewed with his mouth open though.

i can't cope when confronted with this - quite apart from the unnerving visual imapct the process of mastication provokes, it's the fuckin sound of it....slap slop slippidy slap...shuddering just thinking about it....

found a maggot-y looking thing in gotham chips sometime around 1997.....haven't been back since

i had a colleague recently who was the most disgusting eater imaginable. she'd munch away with her mouth wide open talking and laughing to you all the while, her aged mayonnaise covered tongue slobbering away in full sight. shudder. very nice lady otherwise.

i had a colleague recently who was the most disgusting eater imaginable. she'd munch away with her mouth wide open talking and laughing to you all the while, her aged mayonnaise covered tongue slobbering away in full sight. shudder. very nice lady otherwise.

the Raz Verdict is in!
Alright, basically. Good service, disapointing range of beerage, nice food (as someone said, pizza is pizza), lovely cup of coffee afterward. not overly exciting, but not disapointing either. Its almost identical to independent pizza in drumcondra tho!
7 raz's out of 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back