Good Friday - booze fatwa blather (1 Viewer)

Hanuman Jayanti today, innit.
hanuman_poster_PX94_l.jpg

Ye men of Thumped

http://publin.ie/2013/where-to-buy-alcohol-on-good-friday/

[h=1]Where to buy alcohol on Good Friday[/h]
1) Do as most do and have a house party, purchasing your alcohol on Thursday.

2)Take a flight or a ferry journey, as these are exempt from the intoxicating liquor act.

3)Attend a performance in a licensed theatre. Perhaps catch a play and a shandy in the Abbey? Some theatre bars may open late for the day that’s in it. I wouldn’t just turn up at the door though, perhaps call ahead to confirm.

4)Go to a horse or greyhound race meeting. Though no doubt synonymous with drunken debauchery in the eyes of those that crafted the law, these venues are allowed to serve alcohol. That does not necessarily mean that they will, but they are allowed to. Again, call ahead.

5)Hotels are allowed to serve alcohol, so long as it is accompanied by a meal. I think it’s fair to say that hotels will usually throw out a few sandwiches to cover their behinds in that regard.

6) Join the military. Military canteens are spared the toil of looking for an open pub on good friday. Firearms and alcohol are obviously a good match.

7)Some clubs are given authorisation to sell alcohol for 6 hours on good friday. I think that’s a long enough period to have an acceptable evening. I don’t mean nightclubs, these can be GAA clubs, working mens associations, or other similar clubs.

8)Train stations. You must have a train ticket to be served. How much does a child fare cost these days? Madigans in Connolly station will be open for the day. As we said, just buy an inter city train ticket.

9) Fibber Magees. Fibber Magees will be the only pub in town with a license to open at midnight. They’ll be opening the doors at 11pm and serving alcohol from 11pm to 2.30am. Happy Days. http://publin.ie/2011/fibber-magees-2/

These are your options as they stand. As we understand, pubs and clubs will not be opening from midnight on good friday. Unfortunately, the gardaí don’t seem to be giving any license for that night.

Some pubs will be open during the day serving food. Most pubs that do a trade in food will probably remain open. These are the pubs that we are sure are opening. This list will be updated in the run up to good friday: Bull and Castle, The Church, O’Donoghue’s Suffolk Street, The Bank on College Green, The Bachelor Inn, Murrays on O’Connell street, Searsons of baggot street, The Brazen Head, Madigans North Earl Street, O’Connell street, Abbey street, Pifko.

Not sure about that hotels one.. there was a guy on the radio this morning complaining that this ban on booze is harming the hotel industry

The best thing to do on this day is to be too hungover to drink, like I am

groan

Not sure about that hotels one.. there was a guy on the radio this morning complaining that this ban on booze is harming the hotel industry

The best thing to do on this day is to be too hungover to drink, like I am

groan

Thats only a temporary solution.

A cuppa tea and a fried egg and you'll be raring to go

this is day two of the hangover

pizza for lunch helped

pizza for dinner might help even more

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back