Good bands? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Dude
  • Start date
  • Replies 86
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 6
Oi! - Admin:

All right - wtf's the story with all these new users who dont have to post 25 times to get an avatar? ? ? ? ? ?

me no understand.

captain anomie said:
Oi! - Admin:

All right - wtf's the story with all these new users who dont have to post 25 times to get an avatar? ? ? ? ? ?

me no understand.
Simple - I like them, I don't like you.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by pete
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh, right,
grand so.

So anyway, why arent there any good bands in dublin?

Quote:

oh, right,
grand so.

Quote:

oh, right,
grand so.

Quote:

oh, right,
grand so.

Quote:

oh, right,
grand so.

Quote:

oh, right,
grand so.

Quote:

oh, right,
grand so.

Quote:

oh, right,
grand so.

Quote:

oh, right,
grand so.

are there any good bands in dublin? this question is a question that i have been asking myself for years. are there any good bands in dublin? well logically, there should be. with a population of over a million, roughly half of which are in the 15-40 bracket, the pool of young people which generally forms and performs in bands is large enough to sustain 100's of bands. looking at venues around dublin town there are at least 100 venues which have bands playing regularly. whether these bands play covers, trad, rock, punk, electronic or other genres of music, there are many bands who play around. presuming a band gets better the more they play, well over half the bands will have played more than once.
taking that there is 1,000,000 people living in the city centre, and half of these are of the stereotyped band age, that means there is 500,000 people who could be in bands. however only about a fifth of these will be that into music. thats 100,000. of this number only about half will play an instrument. thats 50,000. of that number about a quarter will be playing in a band. of that 12,500, only about one third will be serious enough to play regular gigs. thats about 4000. from that 4000 people, will be about 1000 bands, running off the average of 4 poeple in a band. of the 1000 bands, half will play covers. thats 500 bands. further of the 500 bands over half will play trad. thats 250. of the 250 left most will be parts of other bands or backing bands for solo musicians so only 100 remain. of the 100 left, most will be boybands, or vocal harmony groups. this leaves 40 bands. of these bands half will be dodgy oasis replicas. this leaves 20 bands. three will be electronic, six will be rock, 6 will be metal, and 5 will be singer songwriters, who don't count. this leaves 15.

using the old adage that a third of everything in music doesn't work, that leaves 5 bands. of these bands, two are so alternative you don't hear them and the other two love themselves so much they repulse you.

the only one left: it yer mates band.

hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back