gonna lean out of the bunker here.... (1 Viewer)

do you think people that post here dont seem to be as arsed as they once where?

are we just getting older?

anyone going to an evening with aslan in the olympia?

instead of having a different board for the crap people talk about, why not have one for whatever info people come here to talk about? either that or just go to the news or things or wanted pages.
actually screw that.

and while we're at it why dont we throw out all our stereos and S Club Junior cds.

what you prapose is praposterous keep the board full of crap and lets have a well balanced society.
phukkin kweers

i come here specifically for the crap, and subsequently for the other stuff. i've been here, in one form or another, for fucking years. i started the neverending story, i would like history to recognise that fact and i want it entered in the record.

the amount of times i've been helpless with semi-disguised laughter in otherwise silent college or work computer rooms is all the payment i need.

DON'T FUCK WITH THE BOARD!

silo (18 Apr, 2002 08:31 p.m.):
i started the neverending story, i would like history to recognise that fact and i want it entered in the record.

You're barred.

anonymous koward (16 Apr, 2002 08:22 p.m.):
i come here a lot, i rarely post, but i always check the listings and most of the time i read the message board.
but here's the problem, with the exception of one or two people, every one on this board comes across as a complete wanker. i mean, i know nobody on this board personally, but i go to all the same events and i've talked to a few of the posters here at gigs etc, and those i have talked to come across as nice, but my christ the board seems to be populated with small minded pricks, to use a board catchphrase....
i mean you only have to look at other boards to see the bad rep this place has. for a public forum it's one of the most clicky ignornant place on the web, where no-one new is welcomed, unless they have the persistence to keep posting until they gain a good rep.
with the exception of pete, whose opinions i regularly read on the ireland offline board, herv, and stuart little, who was funny, the rest of you seem to be the type of people that make me avoid gigs connected to this board and turn me off bands that are mentioned here...
perhaps i am wrong, but if i am i am not alone, with numourous people in agreement.
i'm signing this as anon, as it can be disregarded by every subsequent poster as they rush to protect the board. my opinion will not change, however it will be interesting to see how this is viewed by the thumped community....

Right.
I can't be arsed to read past message 1 but You're knid of wrong. I don't know anyone on here, but its always interesting to here peoples opinions. Even though there is a lot of slagging going on. At least it provokes some discussion.

OK I'm off to read the rest of the thread

Right.
I can't be arsed to read past message 1 but You're knid of wrong. I don't know anyone on here, but its always interesting to here peoples opinions. Even though there is a lot of slagging going on. At least it provokes some discussion.

OK I'm off to read the rest of the thread

In the voice of the bearded sea captain from the Simpsons.
Arrrrr I shouldn't have bothered.

Well at least I amuse myself

this thread came to mind today after reading all the recent anti - new - people mails that have been doing the rounds in the last few days. Despite all the defensive comments from thumped regulars about how welcoming thumped is, as soon as a group of new people come along, everyone shows what a clique the place really is by taking the piss out of them and getting annoyed that their forum is being taken over. So what if some new people's comments are stupid and immature - everyone here posts an awful lot of useless immature shit a lot of the time. And maybe their bands are utter tripe, but musical taste is an objective thing. There's been people posting here for ages who's bands are total crap, in my opinion, but I don't think it's particularly supportive to discourage people from playing the music they like and are proud of. I thought the whole point of the independent scene was to help and encourage each other, regardless of musical talent / style....
I dunno, I guess I'm a little disappointed by people here , hence the rant...

Originally posted by figs
I thought the whole point of the independent scene was to help and encourage each other, regardless of musical talent / style....

Exactly. This is why people get very defensive when they get a whiff of someone trying to exploit that very thing, rightly or wrongly.

My 2 eurocents.

Originally posted by pete

Exactly. This is why people get very defensive when they get a whiff of someone trying to exploit that very thing, rightly or wrongly.

My 2 eurocents.

zigactly. my problem is someone who is constantly courting big a&r/industry types coming on this board and pretending they're all up for independent/underground music.
let them do their industry thing - good luck to them - they just don't belong on an underground music board.

Originally posted by figs
this thread came to mind today after reading all the recent anti - new - people mails that have been doing the rounds in the last few days. Despite all the defensive comments from thumped regulars about how welcoming thumped is, as soon as a group of new people come along, everyone shows what a clique the place really is by taking the piss out of them and getting annoyed that their forum is being taken over. So what if some new people's comments are stupid and immature - everyone here posts an awful lot of useless immature shit a lot of the time. And maybe their bands are utter tripe, but musical taste is an objective thing. There's been people posting here for ages who's bands are total crap, in my opinion, but I don't think it's particularly supportive to discourage people from playing the music they like and are proud of. I thought the whole point of the independent scene was to help and encourage each other, regardless of musical talent / style....
I dunno, I guess I'm a little disappointed by people here , hence the rant...

you're dead right figs, there are a few bands on this site who I personally don't like (as in their music) and there's undoubtedly plenty of people who think what my band does is shit, and they're welcome to that opinion. The problem is when industry wannabes (who aren't into the independant thing) start plugging themselves on the site when they couldn't give a shit about the other bands, either in helping or encouraging them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back