going out song..? (3 Viewers)

The only time I've ever really had one was years and years ago, when my flatmate and I used to listen to "Mr Big Stuff" every night before we went out. It was the early 90s, too, which meant whatever it was we were putting on in terms of clothing was probably very ill-advised, and we would have done well to pay less attention to Mr Big Stuff and more to not looking ridiculous. Okay, she probably didn't look ridiculous, but I really liked baggy dungarees. Really. I did. With cute girly tops. I looked like I was about to go over fucking Niagara Falls.

Where was I?

Mr Big Stuff.

For a while, though, my 'going out song' was the entire Misfits box set, which frequently made me late. I'd try to stick to one or two songs, but I could never stop there.

mr big stuff i know not, but the misfits... jaysus i haven't heard them in proper years
did they play the button factory a couple of months back or something?
.|..|
- leigh

I think they played in early October?

I love the Misfits. The funniest thing was about ten years ago when they played (during the early years of Michale on vocals) and they were in their full monster gear, and there was Doyle at the back of the club on the payphone, going, "Daddy misses you, sweetie, now be good for mommy and go to sleep," and blowing little kisses down the phone. It was officially the cutest thing that happened in the 1990s.

Anyway, Misfits=AWESOME AWESOME. Not so gone on their later stuff, but never before or since has a band made songs about eating brains so much fun.

Brains!
Brains for lunch,
brains for breakfast,
brains for brunch.
Brains at every single meal,
why can't we have some guts?!

Oi! Oi! Oi!

Gah, now I have to go find some misfits. Dammit, making me get off the couch and all.

52 girls by the b-52's

but then i usually stay in listening to it on repeat. Not quite as long as the entire misfits boxset though

I completely forgot all about the existence of a band called the Offspring untill now. Thank you very much.

And I've also just realised that I haven't seen my Bluetip T-shirt in months. I hope I didn't lose it. Shit. I bought that straight from the hands of Jason Farrell.

I know someone who likes to listen to Hilary Duff before going out. This person also likes to prepare for a Saturday night out by watching the Disney matinee on Network Two. Yeah, a friend.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back