going back to uni (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
I graduated two years ago, been working on a salary ever since. but now i'm thinking of heading back to do an MA (full time, one year).
any of you ever done it?
im trying to wrap my head around the idea of giving up a regular income to be a student again and all that goes with it; ie - no money.
is it as difficult as i'm dreading it might be?

I graduated two years ago, been working on a salary ever since. but now i'm thinking of heading back to do an MA (full time, one year).
any of you ever done it?
im trying to wrap my head around the idea of giving up a regular income to be a student again and all that goes with it; ie - no money.

i went back to do a masters after 5 years and found it quite a pleasant experience. i found that i put a lot more effort in than i did as an undergraduate, probably coz as an undergraduate i just went to college because i didnt know what else to do... before going back to do the masters i was an idle waster on the dole and so i got a full grant and didnt have to pay fees so a relatively small loan got me through comfortably enough. having lie ins and being able to swan around the coffee shop all day pretending to be up to your eyes in study is quite pleasant too. you should go for it!

Tis grand! I did a full time course last year after being used to money and found it fine. I didn't get a grant or take out a loan; I was lucky to find a really nice Saturdays and evenings job though. Having to work every Saturday was a bit of a pain sometimes though.

Do it Lala!
I'd love to go back to college, wouldn't make any difference money-wise to me though seeing as I've been skint since the dotcom crash (first on account of too little work, now on account of too many responsibilities). You don't need money to have fun when you're a student

Defo do it living on a shoe string is fun when your in college. I went from around 30 grand a year plus expenses to very little and really enjoyed it, still do in fact.

I too went back to my degree a few years back and felt so released and glad I had taken the time out to pursue it.

Wonders if anyone fell for the story.............

i just started a phd. although I have a full time job. I feel sick. really sick.

an MA is a good idea though. mine was worth it.

do a fas course
attachment.php

any of you ever done it?

Let's do it together lala :cool:

any of you ever done it?
yes, after working for 2 years and going back to college last year, its shit. broke the whole time. kept dippin into credit card. now i owe €1000 and ive no regular income and cant get a part time job.
but of course, its worth it in the end though.

I'd recommend it. I started back in September after working for 5 years and I'm really glad I did. Almost everyone on my course has gone back after working for a few years and I think most people are happy that they did. We've all found that the workload is a much bigger issue than the expense. You can apply for grants etc. and get a part-time job to offset a lot of the financial strain. Giving up your evenings and weekends in order to do assignments and reports is a bit harder to get used to.

Let's do it together lala :cool:

Awsome.

I was thinking all weekend about going back to do 'somthing' part time. Then i passed a mirror on the way down the stairs nand realised i was far too good looking for college. I need somthing though, the Ort Business gets slow from december to march. Maybe modelling.

Awsome.

I was thinking all weekend about going back to do 'somthing' part time. Then i passed a mirror on the way down the stairs nand realised i was far too good looking for college. I need somthing though, the Ort Business gets slow from december to march. Maybe modelling.

i tell you what you do need is a good dose of a spelling bee.
although, that said, spleling misteaks are nearly a prerequisite for going back to collage these days just to piss off the lecturers. also chances are your tutor may be one of your institutionalised college mates who kept going through the college circuit without attempting a real world job.

try modelling for IADT life drawing. A certain lifedrawing teacher we know and love, drawing points of weight all over you with a black marker. sexy results indeed. happy days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back