Godspeed (1 Viewer)

an email will be winging its way godspeedward tonight... moneygrabbing cunts of dublin and darragh attackdog purcell are doing exactly the same thing... go through the promoter's promoter... grrr. arumblefromaruinedspeakertoslowlybringthegov'tdownonesorryheartatatime

When / Where are they playing?

If they're being booked though MCD then they can shot gabbing on about all their anti-capitalist beliefs.

Purcell must have them bent over their Cellos

as far as I know they're playing in the Ambassador next February but don't quote me on that.

ticketmaster sez:

A HUMANITAT EVENT
GODSPEED YOU BLACK
EMPEROR!
THE AMBASSADOR THEATRE
DOORS FROM 8:00PM
FRIDAY 22 MARCH 2002
Price Range: 20.50 - 22.50

Southern say:

22/03 DUBLIN IRE OLYMPIA

either way, it's a load of bollocks.

fintino (10 Dec, 2001 05:13 p.m.):
When / Where are they playing?

If they're being booked though MCD then they can shot gabbing on about all their anti-capitalist beliefs.

Purcell must have them bent over their Cellos

Here's a snippet from their June 2000 interview on thumped.com, by James Rider:

PROMOTER ENTERS

"We're gonna go doors in a few minutes, so we're gonna have the great unwashed in here."(pointing to the queue for the gig.)

David: I bet we're more unwashed than they are. They're pretty clean.

EXIT PROMOTER

David: That's a perfect example of what we're talking about. You've got a promoter who's referring to people, who are paying money to come to his club, and whether he's being ironic or not…

Efrim: And he's not. The great-unwashed…nice guy…

David: That was the thing too. We started getting e-mails from people in Dublin. I don't know if you know these people are. It's a website called "Thumped" We got a bunch of e-mails from a group of people telling us that the people promoting the gig here were FUCKERS and that they could do it.
I think that hopefully we can get to a position that we're playing in cities and deal with people that we can respect, and that we are playing in spaces where we all feel comfortable playing in.
Every town seems to have one promoter with a monopoly on all the out of town bands coming over. But these people are providing an alternative. There's always gonna be an alternative.

---

Did anyone get any emails from them about their gig this time I wonder? Probably not.

regards

there's those regards back again!
what happened to *no* regards, they were much more fun. regards are so boring. :p

japaaaaaan! FIGHT!
ahh streetfighter - great days

right that's it, i'm calling our next song: hag vs. path

that's BRILLIANT!
why not have me and him have a rap shoot-out, like east coast vs. west coast only i'm from the stupid side and he's from the whatever side. we could never meet of course. path? you game? it seems the only logical way to settle this to me...

yeasssah - i think some lyrical contributions are called for. (be fair - no path-baiting)

anyone?

hag (11 Dec, 2001 03:41 p.m.):
that's BRILLIANT!
only i'm from the stupid side

I think you're overestimating yourself there, you sad bastard. 700+ posts in a year... fuckin loser. And your band are shit.

oh yeah hag it was your anniversary yesterday! well happy belated anniversary.
this rap-off thing sounds so cool, what you could do is both have the same backing track and each do your own version over the track and then release each version as a split 7"! would you put it out on road relish then? that would be the best fuckin split single ever. we should do it for christmas or better yet, valentines day and then for the release gig we get ye both up on stage to kick the shit out of each other.

pete (08 Dec, 2001 06:14 p.m.):
don't mention the war

true, so very, very true

c'mon guys - "'tis the season to be jolly" and all that - bloody good point by path above - i mean how much can a band go back on their word? i mean while they were here last time they could've easily scoped out an alternative promoter to go with this time. i'm not maaaaad anti-mcd but i hate it when bands that pretend to have principles go back on their words.

path (11 Dec, 2001 04:37 p.m.):
I think you're overestimating yourself there, you sad bastard. 700+ posts in a year... fuckin loser. And your band are shit.

path, i have consistently underestimated myself since i was born, that's why i'm able to have fun and why i keep astounding people around me. you, on the other hand, can't even speak english, you retard. it's 'and your band *is* shit'. retard. retard.

i quite like my rhyming couplet at the end there ... yes, quite fancy. :p

pat (11 Dec, 2001 04:53 p.m.):
oh yeah hag it was your anniversary yesterday! well happy belated anniversary.
this rap-off thing sounds so cool, what you could do is both have the same backing track and each do your own version over the track and then release each version as a split 7"! would you put it out on road relish then? that would be the best fuckin split single ever. we should do it for christmas or better yet, valentines day and then for the release gig we get ye both up on stage to kick the shit out of each other.

no no no no no. you write the music, leave the 1st verse for path, the 2nd for me, the 3rd for path ... etc. we're having this brain battle you see? i guarantee i can rap him into his own face.

hag (11 Dec, 2001 05:35 p.m.):
i guarantee i can rap him into his own face.

oh my god that is something i totally have to see. how the hell do you rap someone into their own face. Cmon lads both of you now, just email me some sort of release form and then i will get down to the business of writing some really angry backing musak. this is definetly the best thread of the year (apart from the ones where anything got achieved... oh and the prick one...and the heart/hate ones... oh its all been said before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back