Glory Days Of WWF & Hulk Hogan... Nostalgia Warning... (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

was thinking today about the hysteria that used to surround Wrestlemania and Summer Slam for me when i was a kid... i mean, there was a good 4 years of my childhood when i lived and breathed WWF (fuck WCW).

it occured to me that i've never in my life felt the same excitement as the time when razor ramone and the undertaker had a ladder match... i was literally on my knees screaming at undertaker to get the greasy fucker... and lets not forget King Of The Ring, 50 fuckers beating the shite out of eachother in one ring... amazing

also, how amazing were Suburban Commando and No Holds Barred?? I mean, Chirtopher Lloyd AND the hulk in the same movie. incredible.

unintentional humour also supplied by hogan's turn as "thunderlips" in rocky 3... most unfortunately named villain in cinema history...

still though, here's to the glory days of WWF.

And fuck WCW.

I used to buy the WWF magazine every month. All that great behind the scenes gossip.

I remember seeing the police report of when the Big Boss Man got bet up (cant remember by who) and I got all the info on the love triangle between Hulk Hogan, Elizabeth and Macho Man. Classic!

…The Royale Rumble was always my favourite (just to see who could throw Earthquake out).

thunderlips the ultimate male

could anything ever top the scene where burt young loafs him over the head with a chair and says 'i don't sweat you!'
hahaha

Undertaker and his spookiness...

Shawn Michaels and his vanity...

HUlk Hogan and his insistance that we drink milk and say our prayers...

Macho Man Randy Savage and his getting married to Elizabeth in Match Made In Heaven...

Mr Perfect and his promo clips showing how great he was at everything...

Jake The Snake and his DDT and his giant snake (careful)...

Papa Shanga and his voodoo and covering people in black goo...

Yoko Zuna and his fatness...

Natural Disasters and their fatness...

Brett The Hit Man Heart and his endless coolness..

Paul Bearer and his crazy voice...

it was all we needed. now its just a load of guys in y-fronts feeling eachother up in a ring. not quite what it used to be

george mcfly said:
thunderlips the ultimate male

could anything ever top the scene where burt young loafs him over the head with a chair and says 'i don't sweat you!'
hahaha
hahaha... i love all those crazy eighties terms they use in those movies...

"ayyy pauly, don't get irregular"

the story line where the undertaker died and was put in a coffin.. and "ascended to heaven"...appearing on the screen leaving a farewell..... classic!

papa shango returning as The Godfather!
ahh Earhquake and Typhoon... who before that was called Tugboat!!
lex luger arriving by helicopter onto a US carrier and body slamming Yokazuna
ahh too many memories...

ahhh...

but lets not forget those horrible gimmicks!!!

Kamala
Adam Bomb
Zeus
The Genius
Brother Love
The Barbarian
Men On A Mission
Doink & Dink
King Kong Bundy's second run with the company
Ultimate Warrior's " " " " " "
JBL
Blue Blazer
Tatanka
Red Rooster.....the list is endless

Alan Remorse said:
youre one of those WCW cunts arent you slowey

might be

slowmanhack.jpg

Cyprus Avenue said:
ahhh...and managers

Slick
Harvey Whippleman
Jimmy Cornet
Jimmy Hart
Mr Fuji
Johnny Polo........argh!
ha, and the best was the way the wrestlers used to turn from "baddies" to "goodies" as the weeks went by... like when jake the snake gate crashed randy savage's wedding and it turned into the match made in hell... brilliant

check out http://www.wrestlecrap.com for the nostalgia. there's also a book of it in some bookshops in dublin.

always been a wwf fan but wcw had some great stuff too...anyone remember Robocop coming to Stings rescue during a main event by bending the bars of a steel cage and setting him free? brilliant.

I remember I had a scrap with some dude in my class cos he was a Sergeant Slaughter fan and was bad mouthing Hulk Hogan. where'd he be gettin' off dissin' Hulkamania!!!!

remember when The Ultimate Warrior bled some black shit from his forehead? That was when The Undertaker was genuinely scary. some other dude in my class was an Ultimate Warrior fan..he used to puff up his cheeks and breathe really heavy whenever someone made him mad!

seriously though, where else could a monstrously fat and downy looking motherfucker like Earthquake have gotten a job?

Macho Man was also the shit. Jake the snake...oh how many DDTs did I do on passer bys.

Superfly Jimmy Snukka - class.

snukka.jpg

Marty Jannetty was so more talented than Shawn Michaels.

rockers.jpg

I went to the WWF show in the point...I 'tipped' Virgil's hand on his way to the ring. wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back