Glen Hansard-Genius or Chancer? (1 Viewer)

I would have to plump for neither.
I would say he's fairly hard-done by considering how much animosity there is towards him and all he is the guy in some band. That said, The Frames, who I used to like quite a bit and still think a couple of their albums are good (Dance The Devil and For The Birds) are a quite quite meh. Still all the hatin' he gets is way over the top.

And that song from Once (that I think is the Oscar nomination one) is shit and boring to me.

Miss Misery definitely wasn't written specifically for Good Will Hunting either. I don't know how they can prove otherwise without just asking Hansard himself?

i went to school with glen and if i recall correctly, he got an A1
in both honours maths and honours physics and pretty much B1s
across the board after that.

so i reckon he's as close to genius as i've ever seen

i dont mind if he wins or not, hopefully he will - the country needs a lift. he doesnt bother me but he used to a few years ago when i couldnt seem to go anywhere without someone putting on the frames. these days its joanna newsome. its not their fault

i dont mind if he wins or not, hopefully he will - the country needs a lift. he doesnt bother me but he used to a few years ago when i couldnt seem to go anywhere without someone putting on the frames. these days its joanna newsome. its not their fault

I fail to see how a win for him would give the country a lift or why the country needs a lift? Post-Kate-French-I'm-Crying-As-I-Write-This blues? Economic down turn? Shit in the rugby world cup?

I haven't heard anywhere put on Joanna Newsom. Its be good if they did!

I fail to see how a win for him would give the country a lift or why the country needs a lift? Post-Kate-French-I'm-Crying-As-I-Write-This blues? Economic down turn? Shit in the rugby world cup?

eh, exactly. we havent won anything as a nation for ages. let me just look up the lyrics to famine to see if theres anything relevamt there....

So let's take a look shall we
The highest statistics of child abuse in the EEC

i read an interview with Glen over the christmas where he bemoaned the state of ireland these days.

he spoke the truth

my brother went up to glen hansard in a pub and asked him was he him.
glen said yes he was.
my brother said he thought he was a wanker.
glen said he must have confused him with another glen hansard, cus he wasnt a wanker.

so it seems there are at least two glen hansards around, but only one is a wanker.

why would your brother do that? like i said, he was sound in school
and really good at football and nobody gave him much grief, except
for the usual "ginger" "kipper" stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back