Glen Hansard-Genius or Chancer? (2 Viewers)

i messaged him on friendsreuinted a few day ago about the
whole oscars thing. says he won't be passing the picket and
thinks that the eligibility thing is just a storm in a tea cup and
it'll only help raise the profile. still as down to earth as he was
back in the gealtacht

I don't like the Frames, and I didn't like Glenn until it became passé to dislike him. Now I say fair dues to him, though that Oscar song is terribly mawkish.
Anyone who'd go up to someone they don't really know in a pub just to tell them they're a wanker is, ironically, a wanker himself.

ah my brother is an awful tosser in fairness

Learn It Read It Write It - one of his favorite sayings, he always says mid gig/speech etc

There's a bit in Once where he's on the back of a bus trying to be funny, "singing the blues". I had to leave the room and eat a packet of jaffa cakes it was so bad.

genius or chancer?
ginger twat.
that star star song makes me want to vomit out my internal organs and pour boiling tar in my ears. luckily i am unfamiliar with the 'oscar nomination' but im sure as i can be that its whingey horrid crap too.
i dont understand why anyone being the same nationality as me makes any difference in terms of pride etc. the irish are as much wankers as the rest of the world and if any of them do acheive, thats their own personal acheivement to be proud of, not suddenly mine cause im irish too. equality please, everyone from every nation can be equally deemed shit or great at our own whims. if i ever meet bono, i would be more likely to kick him in the nuts for being a tosser then congratulate him on giving the irish some pride.

also, being famous means people get to think you are a genius or wanker at will, neither is a judgement bassed on reality, just media and your own perception. thus i think hes a wanker:p

here's glen massaging his tit.
frames_wideweb__430x268.jpg

That interview he did for the Irish times over Christmas was pretty awfull. He was talking about how "A shaman has to leave apart from the people".

As for Irish begrudgery, its only Hansard or Bono who ever go on about it. Go figure

Lolo is out of Ireland long enough to not be as scarred by Outspan as the rest of us.

I neither like nor dislike the chap. I don't see where the general disdain comes from though. It certainly doesn't seem warranted as far as I can see.

Me too. The Frames have some good tunes. It's a george byrne led thing, I think. The whole whelans lock-in, smug singer/songwriter clique didn't do him any favours either.

Breaking news - apparently hansard is not even an original name:

Political Dictionary: Hansard

The Official Report of Debates in the UK Parliament. There are separate volumes for the House of Commons and House of Lords. Hansard contains a verbatim report of all speeches, questions and answers, and statements. It takes its name from Luke Hansard who succeeded William Cobbett shortly after he began the reporting of the House of Commons in 1807.
— Jonathan Bradbury

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back