Glen Hansard-Genius or Chancer? (2 Viewers)

That's the type of talk that results in Bertie still having a job.

fair. but then I don't think whether or not he wrote the song specifically for a film equates with embezzlement or indeed songwriting in general with the running of a country.

I neither like nor dislike the chap. I don't see where the general disdain comes from though. It certainly doesn't seem warranted as far as I can see.

It's just part of the whole Irish begrudgery culture. He's a nice chap, his music's not really my cuppa tea but I don't find it offensive either.

i remember when we were studying to our mocks, glen used
to run a lunchtime study group for a few of us to get togehter
and go through some of the harder questions on maths paper II

I walked out of the last gig I saw him play. There was waaaay too much splicing Jeff Buckley or some fuckin shit into their own songs going on. And way too many other tossers copying it. Also, telling people to shut up and acting like a prick don't fly. They may be cunts for talking while you're playing, but they're also paying cunts and therefore facilitating your career.

he was a real stickler for quiet during supervised study too

sound and all, but you wouldn't wanna disturb him for a loan
of a biro when he was doing his maths

Yeah, I think it would be unfair to disqualify him, sure it is not like it is God Bless Mom or some other tune he has been hauling around the country for 15 years now.

Although, if he breaks the WAG picket then I have an excuse to get all angry with him like. Sweet.

I don't like the Frames, and I didn't like Glenn until it became passé to dislike him. Now I say fair dues to him, though that Oscar song is terribly mawkish.
Anyone who'd go up to someone they don't really know in a pub just to tell them they're a wanker is, ironically, a wanker himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back