Glasgow? (1 Viewer)

Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on where to go. I got some great stuff in the junk shop and in the vintage place near it. What was amazing was the difference between pre-Christmas shopping in Glasgow and in Dublin -- it was nowhere near as crazy. At first I thought it was just because the city was new to me, so my tolerance was automatically higher, but it really wasn't the case. It was less crowded, less rude, and the queues were shorter in the shops. I got all of my Christmas shopping done with no anxiety whatsoever.

Didn't get much of a chance to sightsee, but it's a fantastic city just to wander.

Went to a reception in the Glasgow City Chambers, which was absolutely incredible, and should be seen. I think they do tours or something. Anyway, the interior is marble, and the ballroom is so over-the-top gilded with the most obscene chandeliers, that I kinda felt like we really shouldn't be there. Caviar turned out to be rotten, but I ate some anyway, as was the style at the time.

In a weird coincidence, the discussant for the session I co-organised at the conference knew some of the organisers of Ladyfest Bristol. Mental! Small, small world indeed.

jane said:
Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on where to go. I got some great stuff in the junk shop and in the vintage place near it. What was amazing was the difference between pre-Christmas shopping in Glasgow and in Dublin -- it was nowhere near as crazy. At first I thought it was just because the city was new to me, so my tolerance was automatically higher, but it really wasn't the case. It was less crowded, less rude, and the queues were shorter in the shops. I got all of my Christmas shopping done with no anxiety whatsoever.

probably the best city ever so long as you can tolerate the carry on of the neds and bams
:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back