Ghettopoly (1 Viewer)

jane said:
Crustopoly, where the object is to squat all of the buildings in the city.

'You have just squatted AIB Bankcentre. Collect 200 bottles of Buckfast.'
hey I have this board game called Civil War that some geniuses produced in Lebanon in the middle of the war. Its set in Beirut and is a bit like Monopoly in that the aim is to take control of as much of the city as possible. Each player controls a militia and you have generate income by taking hostages, killing off rival factions, stealing food aid parcels from the UN and selling it etc.. etc... you pick up cards that say things like

"You have been indicted for war crimes as a result of bombing the city centre at rush hour. Forfeit half your income"

"You have been accused of collaborating with the Israeli army. 20 of your militia men have been murdered as a result"

jane said:
I guess it could really be Any-Provincial-Town-Opoly, but it seems especially bad in Youghal. I've never seen so many mommies who were also on child benefit themselves. Also, more vacant properties and shopfronts than any place I've seen in a long time, so perfect for a board game to move right in.

Is Tallenstown anywhere near the Monaghan border? I've been up there, somewhere near Iniskeen....and that's a whole different kind of Opoly....

Not to break the momentum:

Indie-opoly, where the object is to dominate all of the supposed indie-rock message boards with self-promoting twaddle and inside jokes.
it would be near enough to the monaghan border, it's be actual on the route for buses from Ardee to Dundalk

i've a good few friends there and one of them was saying that it had the highest pregnancy rate of unmarried people in any village in the whole of Ireland

Whether this is true i don't know, i just know there does seem to be problem with underage pregnancy there

it just wasn't like that when i was a young *gets nostalgic*

IFF said:
it would be near enough to the monaghan border, it's be actual on the route for buses from Ardee to Dundalk

i've a good few friends there and one of them was saying that it had the highest pregnancy rate of unmarried people in any village in the whole of Ireland

Whether this is true i don't know, i just know there does seem to be problem with underage pregnancy there

it just wasn't like that when i was a young *gets nostalgic*
Now there's something Bord Failte can really market!

How about an annual competition, run in conjunction with Tidy Towns, for other towns with other unique qualities, ones which might not be described as 'tidy'.

You could have categories like 'Most alcoholics', 'Most Teen Moms', 'Most Popstars Rejects', 'Most Bar Fights', 'Most appearances by Joe Dolan', etc. All per capita, of course, to give everyone an equal shot. I'd definitely use those criteria in my choices of places to spend a weekend break.

hugh said:
hey I have this board game called Civil War that some geniuses produced in Lebanon in the middle of the war. Its set in Beirut and is a bit like Monopoly in that the aim is to take control of as much of the city as possible. Each player controls a militia and you have generate income by taking hostages, killing off rival factions, stealing food aid parcels from the UN and selling it etc.. etc... you pick up cards that say things like

"You have been indicted for war crimes as a result of bombing the city centre at rush hour. Forfeit half your income"

"You have been accused of collaborating with the Israeli army. 20 of your militia men have been murdered as a result"
That's amazing!

Hmmm, this gives me an idea.

A game about world domination, sort of like Risk, but more like the US government.

'You have bombed your fourth maternity hospital this week. Collect three Bronze Stars and a million barrels of oil.'

'John Ashcroft calls to personally congratulate you for your successful slaughtering...I mean liberation of Arabiac muslimoids. Eat a big steak.'

'Your land mine is activated by a camel. Lose a turn for wasting US military property.'

'UN food aid actually reaches and is consumed by a group of starving, orphaned children. Pay the bank 200 dollars and lose a turn until you roll three sixes.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back