Ghettopoly (2 Viewers)

AlphaRelish said:
are you serious or no? you're not the first to imply that... why on earth do people think that no one knew what trad was until the planxty 'special'? i thought the program was interesting, didn't really know what happened in relation to coulter and all that stuff... but as for being a vehicle to ensnare the minds of children into the world of trad... come on now!
i get to see and hear a lot of trad, i go to kerry a lot and no shit, one decent session gives me a bigger buzz than 50,000,000 of your alt rock shitfests put together... i went to the gaeltacht for years when i was in school, can speak the tongue and i can even dance the dance and i know that a good few of my mates can too... and i'll tell you something for nothing, richie egan cannot! :) respeck to egan buh, juss buzzin'. *schmak*

I only like trad now cos of that special

What about Hiberniopoly, where you have to turn everyone into a raging alcoholic?

Each square can be a pub or off-licence, and you get points for knocking down lovely old places and turning them into throbbing super-pubs full of ignorant yuppie scum.

Apologies for being prejudiced against my adopted home, but it might work.

Or Crustopoly, where the object of the game is to squat the entire city?

So many variations...but I always end up throwing in my two cents long after the topic seems dead...

Yeah, or something like Kerry-opoly, where you have to buy up a whole bunch of unconnected fields in the middle of nowhere. And then some pubs. And then you get points for shagging sheep, your relatives and Jackie Healy-Rae.

Or Small-Country-Town-Opoly, where the object is to get all of the teenagers pregnant.

you get points for setting up pound shops, only to go out of business a month later.

hee hee funny cause it's true

kilbarrackopoly - "you have just burned out a car and left it by the trainstation, collect 100 that you got for the stereo"

IFF said:
we could have our own equivalent in Co. Louth called Tallenstown-opoly

it'd be exactly the same
I guess it could really be Any-Provincial-Town-Opoly, but it seems especially bad in Youghal. I've never seen so many mommies who were also on child benefit themselves. Also, more vacant properties and shopfronts than any place I've seen in a long time, so perfect for a board game to move right in.

Is Tallenstown anywhere near the Monaghan border? I've been up there, somewhere near Iniskeen....and that's a whole different kind of Opoly....

Not to break the momentum:

Indie-opoly, where the object is to dominate all of the supposed indie-rock message boards with self-promoting twaddle and inside jokes.

jane said:
Indie-opoly, where the object is to dominate all of the supposed indie-rock message boards with self-promoting twaddle and inside jokes.
GotoJailCard.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back