GGI FEST - some help (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
The GGI website is almost ready, thanks to sean stress, just waiting for a couple of last details. the site will have everything you need to know on it so i wont bother posting it here.

anyway we need help with two things at present and it doesnt look feasible to come to dublin for a meeting so......

work on the site.

theres three things needs doing, which can be donw at seperate weekends / midweek so that the dates are flexible etc for peopeltogive a hand

first thing is that areas for camping, marquees, 5 a side etc need getting under control before spring growth starts and it goes mad, this involves strimming, mowing, raking etc.

we suggest the weekend after paddys weekend for this, bring mowers, strimmers, shears, rakes etc.

tea and sambos and flaggons served in the field.

the second thing is theres a load of overgrown bits need slashing down, thistles, brambles etc, theres a lot but a weekend would sort it - this can wait until easter if peopel are off work / college / around.

last thing is ome bits need levelling especially the "road" into the field and the bit we want for car parking etc, this really needs a tractor, we can probably borrow one but can anyone use one with a jcb style bucket attachement?

lastly tickets- we are looking for people to sell tickets for us in various parts of the country so that they go to punks and not weekenders out for a "different" weekend. also so as we dont have to deal with cash in a field.
we hope to get three hundred tickets for ireland but with every old lad ive met threatening to come out of the wood work for it as well as giggoers in dublin belfast cork etc it should be possible

if your interested in any of the above you can e mail me or better again post on the ggi fest messageboard at the weekend where we can discuss all this stuff without taking over eirecore.

apologies fo rspellings, im in a rush

bohs punks said:
we suggest the weekend after paddys weekend for this, bring mowers, strimmers, shears, rakes etc.

would this be the 20th and 21st or the 27th and 28th? i'd be well up for it but it depends on work.

I'll most likely be able to give ye a hand, I'm just down in the Harbour and I can pretend to be a student to get cheap bus fares.

that website isnt really ready yet, theres stuff to go on it when sean gets back tonight, but seeing how the address is posted above you will have to be patient or look on saturday or something.

dunchee we were thinking the 27th and 28th, recovery time from paddys day etc.

thansk for all the offers of help, will be in touch.

how much is it to hire a JCB conor?.I'd chip in just to get a go on it!

Anything need anglegrinding, drilling, rotavating ectc? you know my obsession with power tools!
ye could turn the whole weekend into a punk rock fas course,maybe some of the fuckers on here would get proper jobs then!

A Belly Of Fizz said:
Could be a cunning and elaborate ruse to get some manual work done

chancers, on the punk scene for five minutes and next thing they get people to work for their landscape gardening company under false pretences,

almost as bad as their
" we lost a quarter in the field , heres a shears" escapade

seriously though work details on the ggi site messagebaord today

www.ggifestival.tk

Conor. I've known you now for nearly seven years. I've only known college four years. The fact that I obviously find my college work more important than helping you out speaks volumes. My friends have been replaced with academic studies, and I'm comfortable with that. I hope you are too.

no worrys, i doubt even ailbhe will be getting a look in over the next few months, good job that ror lad is away or there could have been trouble for ya!

bohs punks said:
no worrys, i doubt even ailbhe will be getting a look in over the next few months, good job that ror lad is away or there could have been trouble for ya!

hey kenn pionted out ya should call it the scotland,holland, ireland travelling fest
as it could be SHIT fest for short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back