Getting nervous before gigs (1 Viewer)

This probably sounds selfish but Id say lots of people feel the same: I rarely enjoy any of the preceeding bands before I play and just want them to hurry the fuck up, get off and let me play.

Lately Ive found the following hour or so straight after playing very depressing too. :(

I generally just found myself getting increasingly aggitated and wanting it all to be over.
After playing Im always too wrecked to do anything but get drunk

i find what helps a whole lot is looking at the gig as part of the "big picture". i can't help but feel ok when i think "well, here i am playing rock when i could just as easily be in Iraq getting my nuts blown off, or living in 1258 and dying of cholera, or etc etc etc"

get me?

now get on out there and PLAY YOUR HEART OUT!!!!

i find what helps a whole lot is looking at the gig as part of the "big picture". i can't help but feel ok when i think "well, here i am playing rock when i could just as easily be in Iraq getting my nuts blown off, or living in 1258 and dying of cholera, or etc etc etc"

get me?

now get on out there and PLAY YOUR HEART OUT!!!!

thanks guy!

Have a peddle and crank just before..takes the fuckin' edge of her...bigtime.

Yeah. He uses loads of delay though.

I don't get nervous really unless I'm the singer. And sometimes I'm really nervous about that.

I love the rush you get otherwise though. I know that depressed feeling too although I don't think I get it that much. For me it has eveything to do with which band it is and on the particular circumstances on the night.

I love being first on usually. It's the best way to enjoy the other bands in the line-up and the night in general.

I like to think about myself being in the audience to calm myself down. Remember how I feel when I go to gigs myself. Usually I can enjoy most things live. Even stuff I wouldn't be into otherwise. It helps to remember that, and what someone else said about the "bigger picture"... Totally.

to the nervous:

does your band suck? if so, perhaps you should sort that out. you'll find the nervousness disappears when you realize that you're not embarassed to be wasting people's precious time.

eh? eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back