Getting nervous before gigs (3 Viewers)

AMEN dude!

especially to the feeling depressed after gigs.. that always happens to me too, what the fuck is that shit about? even if it's a deadly gig i usually feel like shit after it, sometimes for a few days. strangely empty or something. weird, and it's mainly dublin gigs it happens.

ah.. human brains eh?

i feel exactly the same..i've often felt like crying after a gig for no reason at all even if it goes well...and it lasts for days afterwards when you just have no motivation..weirdness.

i find if i put on a long song i can go for a piss or a quick shit during a gig. One of the guest DJ's at RJ had a wank in the jacks once when he put on Freebird

So this is what I have to live up to?

I used to get very nervous, get stomach cramps, butterflies etc. Now I just get that a little. It helps when you're not the main act I suppose. I can't have a drink for my nerves though coz it dries the shit out of my voice, and I know I'll run out of steam when singing a high bit. I hate that. I should write stuff an octave lower so I can get merry at least.

..and whats the deal with sweating so much in half an hour that you're soaked thru? Then someone takes a photo and...it looks shit

i'm sure the post-gig anti-buzz has to do with all the adrenalin draining out of you or something like that. i became incredibly rude after one of 4 gigs I've ever played, snapping at everyone, even if they were complementary. before it was more a case of "good god why is there so much waiting around?" and "do you want another game of ping pong?"

One of the guest DJ's at RJ had a wank in the jacks once when he put on Freebird

I doubt that, I reckon he went for a piss then when he got back jokingly said something along the lines of "man that songs so good I had to go fire one out in the jacks just there"

Depends on the gig with me and nerves, alot of the time if im nervous I get quiet and snappy, go out for loadsa smokes piss alot and the odd time during the band before us last song or two feel a bit like im coming up on e's with the anticipation.

I don't get very nervous anymore... maybe anxious about the sound or a certain song...

The worst is when you stop getting nervous and then you sort of stop caring and it doesn't become "special" anymore... I think this is sort of when you start adding random un-rehearsed memebers to your line-up 3 minutes before you go on stage (Hi Snakybus!) and not sound checking at all just to see what the hell happens... then it sort of becomes fun and brilliant in a totally different way

I can't drink before gigs or else i make mistakes. I think being well rehearsed helps me relax, or else just focusing on the first part of the first song and forgetting about the rest of the gig. Although I have to say, when 20,000 people are singing your songs back at you, it can be amazing*.

*Final sentence posted by future Ro of 2065 who has travelled back in time to join this thread.

*Final sentence posted by future Ro of 2065 who has travelled back in time to join this thread.

If I didn't have a full time job, a young daughter, a social life of sorts and numerous other commitents and obligations to attend to, I'd record an album of MDR cover versions in a synth-pop fashion and call it Mumblin Future Ro

You would be both flattered and enchancted at first, but it would all get a bit sour a few years in, when your realise the only gigs you could get anymore were opening slots for Mumbin Future Ro...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back